Talk

Advanced search

To not want to take ds

(7 Posts)
strugglingthroughlife Thu 05-Oct-17 09:13:49

I’m off work for a few weeks while I find something new.

We love in London neat the woolwich ferry,

Ds has been talking about going on the ferry all week long and we’ve planned to go today on the bicycles.

The only thing is it’s windy, and we’re still waiting for the plumber who was supposed to come at 9, I know it’s only a few minutes past, but I’m notorious for counting minutes (it drives even me crazy!)

Would I be unreasonable to not take ds today? He’d be so upset as we’ve already rescheduled from Tuesday this week, he’s up dressed and ready, but it’s so windy and I’m thinking the later we leave, the later we’re back, though I’m sure that’s me being a bit weird!

Stompythedinosaur Thu 05-Oct-17 09:18:22

Sorry, but I think you would be a little bit unreasonable. It sounds like your ds is little enough not to really understand.

Maybe wait for the plumber and take him after? If the ferry is running then the wind can't be too much of an issue.

stopbeingadramallama Thu 05-Oct-17 09:24:54

YABU, you've let him down already.

He doesn't seem old enough to really understand why you wouldn't want to go again.

If it's only a bit of wind, why not go after the plumber has been?

kaytee87 Thu 05-Oct-17 09:28:04

I don't understand your reasoning for not wanting to go? Do you think the wind will make it dangerous?

KatnissMellark Thu 05-Oct-17 09:29:19

YABU and just looking for excuses

Idontevencareanymore Thu 05-Oct-17 09:31:24

Yabu.
He's looking forward to his treat. It would be mean to let him down.

Migraleve Thu 05-Oct-17 09:33:36

I don’t think it is U to postpone things like this due to weather. Going out cycling and on a ferry in severe winds would be fully irresponsible imo, however have you got severe winds? Or just ‘a bit windy’? Of course if you cancel today you must take him to do something else fun (indoor)

Not sure I understand the relevance of the plumber situation tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now