Talk

Advanced search

Theresa Mays speech

(234 Posts)
Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 23:01:00

Carry on up the kiber? The dinner scene grin

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 04-Oct-17 23:03:22

I don't even listen to her. She's like an annoying fly just droning on.

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 23:04:05

No watch it seriously she’s not my cup of tea but even I felt sorry for her.

Brokenbiscuit Wed 04-Oct-17 23:08:37

I can't stand her or her politics, but I felt sorry for her today.

The P45 thing was a bit cheap in my view, and it was a nasty thing to do to. I thought she dealt with it pretty well though.

The cough was awful, not her fault at all but very awkward to watch.

Bad day at the office for her. I want her out of government as soon as possible but on a human level, I felt really sorry for her.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Wed 04-Oct-17 23:10:15

The P45 thing was a bit cheap in my view, and it was a nasty thing to do to.

He always does these pathetic pranks when he us about to go on tour funnily enough.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 04-Oct-17 23:10:45

My violins broke, sorry

PickAChew Wed 04-Oct-17 23:11:22

The best bit was the fawlty towers style disintegration of the lettering on the wall.

Brokenbiscuit Wed 04-Oct-17 23:11:49

I don't even know who he was tbh. He came across as a bit of an attention seeker though. And an idiot.

SleightOfMind Wed 04-Oct-17 23:12:06

Car crash TV. Almost unwatchable.
Almost grin

JeReviens Wed 04-Oct-17 23:13:28

Her voice grates on me worse that nails on a chalkboard - the coughing was less irritating and I was severely aggravated by that grin
Yes on a human level it was awful but that's it. Can't wait for the day when I don't have to hear that voice on a bloody daily basis!

astrotel Wed 04-Oct-17 23:13:49

But why did she post the twitter with the strepsils, olbas oil, cough medicine etc.

I actually thought it was a hoax post.

Just shows she believes in useless snake oil - really, really odd.

No sensible person buys that crap or thinks it does any good at all.

RJnomore1 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:14:49

And yet loads of it gets sold Astro.

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed Wed 04-Oct-17 23:14:57

I thought the stunt was hilarious and she handled it well but concerning how he was able to get so close to not only her but the whole cabinet

Not a supporter I don't think it will do her any harm I think quite the opposite she carried on and didn't seem quite as robotic

PigletWasPoohsFriend Wed 04-Oct-17 23:15:30

She posted it because she has a stinking cold.

She was losing her voice yesterday in interviews too.

No sensible person buys that crap or thinks it does any good at all.

hmm

christinarossetti Wed 04-Oct-17 23:16:06

It was an absolute car crash. Good news for the Tories though, inasmuch that no-one took the slightest notice of what she actually said.

BMW6 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:16:21

Only if you get off on watching car crashes.......

BMW6 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:18:20

sorry, should have said my reply was to SleightofMind

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 23:19:52

Amazed the so called comedian got so close to her. Pretty crap security

Really bloody awful and old as I am can’t think of a worse performance. Think she’s on her way out. Very soon.

PickAChew Wed 04-Oct-17 23:22:33

I'm amazed she's lasted so long. In fact, if it wasn't for the poisoned chalice of brexit, she'd be long gone. Everyone is standing back thinking now is not the time, though.

Fresh8008 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:23:52

poor woman. doing a good job but failed by circumstance.

Golightly133 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:23:52

I saw it as she was choking on her own words - karma maybe grin

CathyMedici Wed 04-Oct-17 23:29:13

from the Telegraph:

Weeks, months, even years from now, perhaps for the rest of my life, I will still be jolting awake in the night: heart pounding, pyjamas soaked in sweat, and lungs gasping frantically for breath, as I relive, in agonising slow-motion, the full screaming nightmare of that speech.

And I only had to watch it. So God alone knows how Theresa May feels.

That poor woman. That poor, poor woman. No matter how many black cats her chauffeur ran over on the journey to the conference centre, she did not deserve anything like this. No one deserves anything like this. Short of accidentally knocking over her lectern, and watching it topple on to an Army veteran in the front row, there is no way, simply no way at all, in which the Prime Minister’s speech could have gone any more wrong.

And none of it was her fault. If anything, that made it all the more painful.

NorthernLurker Wed 04-Oct-17 23:30:01

Olbas oil is a very effective decongestant.

ScouseQueen Wed 04-Oct-17 23:31:28

Can't stand her as a politician but that was an appalling security lapse. They should have had the guy pinned to the floor when he got within ten metres of her. As it is, that lapse wasn't physically dangerous but if security had done their job, she wouldn't have had the highly embarrassing P45 photo all over tomorrow's papers. So on that score she was unlucky. Though as her election campaign showed, she has a remarkable talent for turning a silk purse into a sow's ear.

I did enjoy the footage of Amber Rudd telling Boris to stand up like an irritated mum reminding their kid to say thank you.

EveningShadows Wed 04-Oct-17 23:33:25

Why is anyone feeling sorry for her? She doesn't demonstrate an ounce of sympathy for all the people suffering under her leadership!

I wouldn't waste a second worrying about the arrogant cow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now