Talk

Advanced search

TO USE BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES FOR BAD PERIODS (home remedy)

(25 Posts)
Justsimplybeingme Wed 04-Oct-17 22:52:07

Ive read too many threads about women who are in constant pain and suffering from heavy periods that affect life on a daily basis. A lot of women turn to contraception to help heavy bleeding, others have endometrial ablasion or go to extreme lengths and have a hysterectomy.
I too suffered with heavy painful periods, i ve always had to use a sanitary towel and tampon together to avoid leaking through my clothes.

I came across a home remedy that works to lighten bleeding and eliminate pain. On the first day of my period and all the other days im on my period i make a cup of camomile and honey tea (i suggest using 2 bags as the taste of blackstrap molasses is rank & 2 bags will weaken the taste) and add a tablespoon of molasses. Stir and drink!

you could try mixing molasses with milk or water which ive tried before but this made me gagg and almost want to throw up. You can also try other teas if you dont fancy camomile. Try nettle tea instead! i hope this works for anybody going through excruciating pain each monthsmile.

JeReviens Wed 04-Oct-17 23:01:57

Right. And is there any scientific evidence to support your statement? Any back up articles? GP reviewed studies?
Otherwise it's just woo I'm afraid and a pack of ibuprofen will work faster and more effectively.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 04-Oct-17 23:04:25

Camomile helps with cramps and mollases is rich in iron.

MOIST Wed 04-Oct-17 23:05:22

If the real drugs don't work I sincerely doubt molasses will.

Where might I purchase some? To try.

lollipop7 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:06:08

@MOIST holland and Barrett or Amazon

RJnomore1 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:08:06

My mum swore by molasses to alleviate anemia from heavy periods. It's a well known remedy, as is camomile for cramps. Camomile ime definitely works albeit briefly and it tastes like cat piss; I cannot stomach molasses so not sure about that

UterusUterusGhali Wed 04-Oct-17 23:18:46

Bolleaux.

Nettle may very welll work for its astringent qualities.

Menorrhagia is often the result of an underlying condition that sugar won't cure.

DesignedForLife Wed 04-Oct-17 23:42:31

I fail to see how sugar is going to lessen my periods. I've been liberally apply Cadburys and Stout for the last couple of months and whilst it makes me happier it has not affected the problem.

NikiBabe Wed 04-Oct-17 23:43:51

Molasses tastes fucking vile. Not taking that.

WishfulThanking Thu 05-Oct-17 00:01:58

I'll try bloody anything

sadiemm2 Thu 05-Oct-17 06:03:35

You know this is bollocks, right?

Justsimplybeingme Thu 05-Oct-17 22:57:05

I said that this is a 'Home remedy' though...

Justsimplybeingme Thu 05-Oct-17 22:59:21

@JeReviens this is a home remedy though....

Justsimplybeingme Thu 05-Oct-17 23:12:01

@ MOIST - it has to be 'BLACKSTRAP' Molasses not just the regular one - you can try amazon or wholefoods, ive been to holland and barrett and they sell molasses but its not blackstrap molasses just pure cane molasses

stopfuckingshoutingatme Thu 05-Oct-17 23:15:05

Sorry love but it took surgery to fix mine !
I had it all , that plus the vinegar plus that castor oil . Nada

It's took a scalpel to fix it grinsad

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 05-Oct-17 23:25:02

I can see how this idea has come about. One of the symptoms of magnesium deficiency is muscle spasms. Period pains are caused by contraction of smooth muscle. Molasses contain some magnesium. The rest is possibly conjecture.

isitme88 Thu 05-Oct-17 23:40:23

Thanks for the tip OP. Willing to try anything as paracetamol doesn't always help

user1840873076 Fri 06-Oct-17 03:27:01

So does the blackstrap molasses help with the pain? Could you mix some into strong coffee?

keepcalmandfuckon Fri 06-Oct-17 05:23:09

Will give this a go. Mine are awful.

Bluelonerose Fri 06-Oct-17 06:11:21

I thought you wanted to use black mousetraps grin

Bolshybookworm Fri 06-Oct-17 06:26:13

Isn't blackstrap molasses just treacle? Does this mean I can cure my heavy periods with Parkin?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 06-Oct-17 06:37:06

There's quite a lot on this if you Google,glad it's worked OP.

silentsigh Fri 06-Oct-17 06:41:03

But surely it would be more effective to take supplements (like magnesium and iron) that are contained in molasses? That way you know you're getting the right dose, and you don't have to drink something yucky.

NikiBabe Fri 06-Oct-17 13:30:45

Blackstrap molasses is vile. I lasted one spoonful.

Just take a supplement.

specialsubject Fri 06-Oct-17 13:37:25

Sucker bait. Sugar is not medicine.

Go see a real doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now