Talk

Advanced search

Not really aibu but can you recommend your mattress?

(79 Posts)
screwsloose Wed 04-Oct-17 21:13:22

It’s high time we changed our mattress. We’re waking up sore in the morning, we’ve changed our mattress for the one in the spare room which is better but not good in any way!!

I think our max budget is around 1k maybe 1.5k if it had bells and whistles and was perfect?

So can you/ would you recommend yours? If so what brand? If not what is your dream bed? smile

SeashellHoarder Wed 04-Oct-17 21:19:05

Simba mattress here. It's the best I've ever slept on.

I love it.

Chocolateteabag Wed 04-Oct-17 21:21:38

We have a Simba too! - Get someone to recommend you and you get a discount and they get an amazon voucher (DH got ours so don't ask me but Dsis recommended him)

We are at 90 days of the 100 day trial and going to keep it

This is after spending £1500 18 months ago on another mattress which DH "had" to have for his back but wasn't "good enough" hmm

Chocolateteabag Wed 04-Oct-17 21:22:16

"think" our Simba was £600 ish?

MumW Wed 04-Oct-17 21:24:36

We have a sprung mattress with a memory foam top. Was brilliant at first but when we come to replace it we're going for a sprung mattress with a separate topper for 2 reasons
1: The topper no longer springs back but have to replace the whole mattress.
2: With a conventional sprung mattress, you can turn it 4 ways so it wears more evenly whereas this one can only be rotated and not turned.

Lordofmyflies Wed 04-Oct-17 21:26:27

we bought a leesa 6 mths ago. Its very comfortable and not at all hot like some foam mattresses can be.

missymayhemsmum Wed 04-Oct-17 21:26:36

Dreams pocket sprung orthopaedic with memory foam top layer. 500 quid-ish 10 years ago and still the comfiest thing I have ever slept on. Utter bliss and makes getting out of bed too difficult.

washingmachinefastwash Wed 04-Oct-17 21:26:42

Get the dunlopillow latex mattress, it is the best mattress I’ve ever slept on.

CandleWithHair Wed 04-Oct-17 21:27:01

Mammoth

I adore my bed and it's the one thing I always miss when I'm on holiday, no matter how amazing a time I'm having! They stock Mammoth at furniture village so you can go and try them out 👍🏻

ElasticatedJeans Wed 04-Oct-17 21:29:27

John Ryan by Design. The Artisan Natural. It's sooo comfortable.

petitdonkey Wed 04-Oct-17 21:31:42

Tempur - I love it so much but I think they may have gone up in price massively since we bought ours 16 years ago! I dread having to replace it (but it shows no signs of needing to)

NoParticularPattern Wed 04-Oct-17 21:33:03

We have the igel orion and I love it possibly more than I love DH. I think if I could marry a mattress it would be this one. We’ve had it two years and it is still like the day it came out of the factory!

Hortonlovesahoo Wed 04-Oct-17 21:33:23

We've been looking at a new mattress too. Are simba's really that good?

screwsloose Wed 04-Oct-17 21:34:37

@NoParticularPattern we had a look at those at Bensons for beds.. DH was a bit in love!

NorksAreMessy Wed 04-Oct-17 21:35:14

Eve eve eve eve eveveveveveveveveveveveve!

I was a complete insomniac before I got my EVE mattresss. Oh my goodness, best sleep EVER!

SnowBells Wed 04-Oct-17 21:41:32

Bought 2.5 years ago. Vispring Heligan Kingsize from John Lewis. Not sure whether they still have it, but it cost a little over 2k back then (the whole bed was over 5k — a bit high, but you spend more time in your bed than on the sofa or even your car).

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Wed 04-Oct-17 21:41:40

Has anyone got a Hypno bed? (Same as Premier Inn beds). I always sleep well at Premier Inns but I'm not sure if it's because of the mattress quality or just because the beds are bigger than ours (so I can shove him away and not have to sleep right on the edge with my face on the nightstand).

Surreynewbie Wed 04-Oct-17 21:43:43

Vispring - and it's amazing!!! Is there a 'And So To Bed' near you? We got ours from there and the salesman was amazing, he'd been out to all the factories and let's us try and many as we wanted for as long as we wanted

affectionincoldclimate Wed 04-Oct-17 21:44:08

Snug memory mattress. Very decent.

Pyjamaface Wed 04-Oct-17 21:47:08

Does anyone have a Premier Inn bed mattress? We are getting ready to order a new mattress and I have swung between a Simba and the Hypnos one.

Premier Inn beds are amazing for my back and the best sleep I ever have but I keep hearing about how amazing the Simbas are

Chestnut24 Wed 04-Oct-17 21:47:11

Eve!

SaigonSaigon Wed 04-Oct-17 21:47:29

I've always bought from Feather and Black. Lovely mattresses.

Pyjamaface Wed 04-Oct-17 21:49:12

Hahaha @TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt.

Serve me right for not reading all the replies

RewoB Wed 04-Oct-17 21:51:03

Ours is just an ikea memory foam mattress no where near £1k far far less but it's amazing & ppl comment on how great it is since we put the same mattress in our spare bedrooms. Comes in soft/medium or firm. We went for firm. 😴💤

Allthewaves Wed 04-Oct-17 21:59:58

Mammoth -foam with springs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now