Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheshire housewives

(49 Posts)
Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 13:36:23

Has anyone watched ‘The real housewives of Cheshire?’

Watched it last night with teen dds and we were all amazed at the childishness back biting and sheer banality of their lives.

I get that’s the gist of this type of programme but still?

I think my aibu is was I daft to watch it and expect any better? grin

curlycat Wed 04-Oct-17 13:37:28

If you think they're bad try some of the American ones!!

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 13:41:35

I will curly if I can be bothered wink it’s bloody shocking though . All that money and they are discontented and nasty.

I would be so bloody happy if I had that cash I would be a Pollyanna smile

JaniceBattersby Wed 04-Oct-17 13:42:41

<really should get a hobby> It wasn't this bad until last series when Leanne and Dawn (friends for decades) had a legal fallout over money and now every event ends in a terrible row. Honestly I think they should have got rid of either Leanne or Dawn this series because I genuinely think it's going to end with one of them having a breakdown. It's sad to watch.

Sienna333 Wed 04-Oct-17 13:44:15

Someone I know is obsessed with this show, have no idea why.

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 13:45:58

well yes it’s all about their argument!

Tanya seems to have got totally over involved too. If it wasn’t for Royston and pal I wouldn’t have raised a laugh.

Dam outed myself as more than a casual watcher. grin

Ducknose Wed 04-Oct-17 13:47:30

I think ywbu to expect anything different, it's a scripted reality tv show with storylines after all. It's not supposed to be thought provoking.
I love it! My favourite is RHONew York. I watch the reruns and the latest episodes...I like the Beverly Hills one aswell 👀

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 14:02:38

I don’t know Duck this series isn’t showing any of them in a good light though.

It’s less funny and far more nasty

clippityclock Wed 04-Oct-17 14:04:20

Aren't they told what to say to cause the most amount of bitching though?

I was wide awake at 3am and couldn't find anything to watch so put it on, its bizarrely fascinating and awful in equal measure. So fake, false and obsessed with looks.

Hisnamesblaine Wed 04-Oct-17 14:04:56

I miss ampika she was some light relief

Ducknose Wed 04-Oct-17 14:08:14

I agree it hasn't been the best series so far, I would love to know the real reasons for the tension i.e. what goes on behind the scenes but of course they don't have a film crew around for all that/won't delve into it for legal reasons. So all the bitching and sniping is a bit 🤔 because it seems much ado about nothing.
Oh I miss Ampika aswell, and Mark!

Justmuddlingalong Wed 04-Oct-17 14:08:23

I've given up with it. It's exhausting watching. Like grounghog day, the same shit over and over.

KC225 Wed 04-Oct-17 14:18:22

Love it but in Sweden so will have to wait for another series to come over.

cowgirlsareforever Wed 04-Oct-17 14:23:12

Dawn Ward was on Loose Women the other day. Apparently she started crying because people were critical of her daughters having breast implants. I think she needs to get a life.

Linzilou1985 Wed 04-Oct-17 14:28:03

I do agree that either dawn or Leanne should have left for this series. I definitely miss ampika too!

It is my guilty pleasure grin

littlechou Wed 04-Oct-17 14:30:54

Something about Leanne which means I really can’t warm to her. She really has a high opinion of herself.
I mean, they all do, but for some reason Leanne just gets my goat 🐐

cowgirlsareforever Wed 04-Oct-17 14:31:29

It's weird that Dawn is still there because everybody hates her. They've had to draft in new friends and family just to give her people to talk to confused

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 14:38:14

I miss peek a boo’ too and these 2 new ones are pretty forgettable.

Have to say Ester is nutty as squirrel poo but love her mad English accent.

The most normal is Seema who seems to have a proper job maybe that’s why?

Is Dawn really that bad though? She seems no more bitchy than the others and Stacey is s real two faced troublemaker!

Ok I am as bad now. grin

Areyoulocal Wed 04-Oct-17 14:39:38

I watch it (and the American ones sometimes) for a laugh.It's all so shallow.At the moment I'm fascinated by the facial similarities of Dawn's husband, and Royston and his husband.

cowgirlsareforever Wed 04-Oct-17 14:40:35

They all hate her because Leanne is claiming she loaned Dawn £500,000 and it hasn't been repaid. Leanne has spoken publicly about it and it seems like most of the others have taken her side.

Areyoulocal Wed 04-Oct-17 14:42:20

Meant to say, can't bear Stacey Forsey the most.

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 14:48:11

Dawn’s dh and Royston’s! Right need to watch next week now just to see. grin same surgeon I suppose.

Ah you would think Dawn could afford to pay that back! Wonder what the real story is.

Agree Stacey is always ‘telling’ the others what she has heard with a real innocent face. Like the christening details from Tanya and telling dawn.

She tries to appear really lady like and superior but a real troublemaker and shit stirrer. grin

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 14:49:28

And Leanne shouldn’t drink she can’t handle alcohol and gets crazy

Fluffypinkpyjamas Wed 04-Oct-17 14:56:39

I have watched from the start and though it’s terrible I love it because of that. This latest series isn’t as good. I really liked Ampika and would happily have swapped Stacey out for her to stay. Stacey is full of herself and cannot paint but thinks her —shit— art is amazing.

Dawn is the most entertaining though loves herself far too much . Tanya used to be funny but now hams it up.Lauren is fucking awful but at least honest. Ester is growing on me. Seema is the only sane one. Leanne is pretty basic. The new model/singer is dull. But I still watch grin

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 15:06:19

Fluffy

Great summing up of the characters. grin

The new one can’t sing though and she’s not the next Adele although seems to think she is. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now