Talk

Advanced search

Doctor Foster finale on BBC

(65 Posts)
ComingUpTrumps Wed 04-Oct-17 00:53:15

What did you all think? I was a bit disappointed blush thought they ended it quite badly and in a really clichéd and melodramatic way.

RedDogsBeg Wed 04-Oct-17 00:59:00

I thought the whole thing was a pile of crap, the final episode and the ending was dire. Very disappointed.

ComingUpTrumps Wed 04-Oct-17 13:29:33

Bumping - what did everyone else think?

rightnowimpissed Wed 04-Oct-17 13:40:11

anti climax totaly, I think if it had ended with ep 4 then it would've been better.

Joeymaynardslimegreendress Wed 04-Oct-17 13:43:10

Ever watched it as it clashed with bakeoff but dh did as he likes a bit of raunch grin and he was very disappointed.

PandorasXbox Wed 04-Oct-17 13:44:36

It was depressingly bad. Felt so sorry for Tom having to listen to his fuckwits for parents blathering on.

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 04-Oct-17 14:04:55

The part where they were arguing by the motorway - by that point I'd have been happy for them both to have been hit by the traffic.

krustykittens Wed 04-Oct-17 14:06:24

I thought it was ridiculous and over the top. I hope they don't try and squeeze a third series out of it.

Heavensabove3005 Wed 04-Oct-17 14:08:38

So disappointing, obviously ended that way ready for the next series but I doubt many will bother watching.

smellybeanpole Wed 04-Oct-17 14:09:57

I liked it. Yeah it was slightly over the top and bit cringe. But still made good tv.

Dairymilkmuncher Wed 04-Oct-17 14:11:09

Terrible. Should have ended two episodes ago or for them to have been knocked down last night wouldhave been good

ScipioAfricanus Wed 04-Oct-17 14:11:13

Can I ask, what did people like about the first series? This is a genuine question: my husband and I seem to be the only people who didn't think that was any good either. I watched the first one and then carried on watching in bemusement as all my friends were raving about it on Facebook etc. Haven't watched this one but I remain convinced I must be very odd.

JanetStWalker Wed 04-Oct-17 14:13:50

I wanted him dead. Gutted.

blush

sadie9 Wed 04-Oct-17 14:16:19

Tried to watch the first episode but had to turn it off before the end. Could not believe Whatsername actually went around to the Ex's house to that party and turned all psycho, stalker, madly in love with him again.
It just didn't make sense. She was worried about the son Tom having a glass of wine, but not at all worried about the effect her being a crazed psycho had on him. I'd didn't blame any of her friends for going to the party in the first episode, behind her back because obviously they are all tiptoeing around her, because she's unstable and unhinged.
Talk about asking for trouble, taking on all this revenge crap with absolutely zero regard for her son. The pair of them should be locked up and the son given to someone who actually cared about his wellbeing.

EB123 Wed 04-Oct-17 14:17:11

I think it should have ended last week.

JaneEyre70 Wed 04-Oct-17 14:17:33

I loved the 1st series, but this one was a poor excuse for prime TV. Poor script, characters were hugely unlikeable and a waste of time and money. Please don't let them drag it out for another one........

volovont Wed 04-Oct-17 14:19:06

It was absolute pish

fikel Wed 04-Oct-17 14:22:01

Ridiculous, very poor on plot line. Absolute zero sympathy with any of the characters, got v boring watching them take it in turns to try and destroy each other. I laughed when she left the needles in the hotel room and then came back again to harp on at him again !’

washingmachinefastwash Wed 04-Oct-17 14:24:47

They should have ended it when Kate left him.

rightnowimpissed Wed 04-Oct-17 14:25:47

They are doing a third they said at the weekend

youhavetobekidding Wed 04-Oct-17 14:27:14

I thought Tom was the only character I felt any empathy for, so I thought it was a good ending, as I'm keen to hear how things turn out for him

LoveNunxxx Wed 04-Oct-17 14:32:52

for gawd sake, all that tussling in front of the cars, I was hoping they'd both get run over and leave me in peace.

papayasareyum Wed 04-Oct-17 14:34:14

it was utter garbage. It was badly written, badly acted (except the actress who played Kate) and badly ended last night. Awful.

PoppyPopcorn Wed 04-Oct-17 14:34:17

They should never have made a second series. Huge disappointment throughout.

operaha Wed 04-Oct-17 14:35:12

I hated the whole season so was quite pleased with the way it turned out.
Did turn off at the end saying thank fuck thats over. Dh really enjoyed it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now