Talk

Advanced search

What are these on my hands please?!

(21 Posts)
DingleBerries Tue 03-Oct-17 22:34:03

What are these plentiful dots?!

SquareWord Tue 03-Oct-17 22:35:24

Are they really itchy? If so I would say pompholyx eczema.

DingleBerries Tue 03-Oct-17 22:40:50

Not even slightly. I don't even notice they're there.

I've had them for about a decade or more and I've always wondered what they are. Extensive google searches have proven fruitless and I hate not knowing!

highinthesky Tue 03-Oct-17 22:48:41

I think it's mosaic warts. Too extensive to treat, but will clear by itself...eventually.

Stealthtoast Tue 03-Oct-17 22:48:54

They look like when I had pompholyx eczema - are they like that from the start or are they clear fluid filled blisters first? Hydrocortisone got rid of it pretty fast once I'd worried out what it was myself (gp was stumped)

DingleBerries Tue 03-Oct-17 23:03:32

They aren't filled with fluid. They are just there.
I have two which have been there for about 20 years or more. They developed into something very slightly bigger than those tiny dots but never amounted to proper warts which made me think they weren't warts. I've considered that they are many times but I've yet to find any agreeing pictures online....

DingleBerries Tue 03-Oct-17 23:04:23

It definitely looks like pomphylox eczema but it's been there for years and doesn't itch or get sore. So it looks like it but doesn't act like it.

nevereverever83 Tue 03-Oct-17 23:23:16

if they've been there for 20 years why haven't you asked a doctor?!?!

RunningOutOfCharge Tue 03-Oct-17 23:25:23

Did you get bored in maths and perforate yourself with a compass?

I’ve got a maths boredom scar from when I was 12

DingleBerries Tue 03-Oct-17 23:43:11

if they've been there for 20 years why haven't you asked a doctor?!?
Because I have children and GP's look so blank when I take one of them in with a rash or skin complaint or worse still diagnose them incorrectly that I'm sure as hell they won't be able to diagnose this and it's certainly not worth the bother of being referred.

That's why. So calm you ?!?!?!

Nonibaloni Tue 03-Oct-17 23:53:08

I knew it was going to be these! I have no idea what they are but a couple of people in my family have them. There is speculation that they only affect hard working hands wink Soles of the feet too. I get them between my fingers most often.
So I have no idea what they are, I've always assumed harmless. And if you come for Christmas dinner you'd be in good company. My granda and aunt thought handling paper set them off (but could never explain why they were using their feet).

Boophis Wed 04-Oct-17 00:00:00

I have these too, hands and feet, scarcely visible, on and off for years, not painful or itchy. I have wondered what they are

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 04-Oct-17 10:10:51

Ha! You are my people! Can I join the club. Couple on my hand been there for years! No pain no itching no change!

Dlpdep Thu 05-Oct-17 17:50:22

I get these from time to time. The skin gets itchy, then hard and peels off and it’s gone. I always thought it was a reaction to something.

UnderTheF1oorboards Thu 05-Oct-17 17:58:08

It's pompholyx, I have it too. It doesn't always itch. I developed it as an autoimmune reaction after having DC.

Rachie1973 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:59:52

Argh, I looked. Trypophobia overload. I read the description and still looked! I am a fuckwit.

DingleBerries Thu 05-Oct-17 19:08:26

I don't think mine is the same then because they don't come and go, have never itched and haven't ever peeled away.

They started arriving 20 odd years ago and never left.

DingleBerries Thu 05-Oct-17 19:09:54

I've looked at reems of pompholyx pictures online and it looks nothing like any of the pictures. They are all raised bumps.

Mine are totally flat and smooth.

PickAChew Thu 05-Oct-17 19:13:17

Just realised that the one (just one!) I've always had isn't there any more. It was like a tiny corn and I'd occasionally get annoyed with it sitting there looking untidy and try to nibble it off!

OtterlyNutty Thu 05-Oct-17 19:59:06

I've got one persistent one & a few that come and go. Always wondered what they were, but they don't hurt/itch so I ignored them.

kaytee87 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:08:10

Look like warts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now