Talk

Advanced search

Is this a suitable tea for my kids?

(223 Posts)
Happyhappyveggie Tue 03-Oct-17 18:18:41

So they are having a fishfinger sandwich each with cucumber sticks and a chopped up pear each with 2 Petit filous each for pudding.

They have also had:
Shreddies for breakfast
Mid morning fruit
Hot school dinner each with veg and a pudding
Snacks at the childminders - mixed veg sticks with houmous, pain au choc, raisins and an apple.

My mother was disgusted with tea - she thinks I'm not feeding them properly confused - they prefer this kind of tea sometimes- like scrambled egg on toast or beans on toast.

Aibu or is my mother?

Happyhappyveggie Tue 03-Oct-17 18:20:05

They are 5 & 9 btw

TheExtraGuineaPig Tue 03-Oct-17 18:21:06

She is. Sounds perfectly fine

Chocolatechops84 Tue 03-Oct-17 18:21:20

Sounds good to me!

DonkeyOaty Tue 03-Oct-17 18:21:26

She is of course but don't bother telling her stuff like this again.

blondiebonce Tue 03-Oct-17 18:21:27

It's fine. It's balanced. They're being fed!

Maybe wouldn't have it every night but it's hard when they've already had a cooked meal!

Heratnumber7 Tue 03-Oct-17 18:21:29

If it’s filling them up then it’s fine.

bigchris Tue 03-Oct-17 18:21:45

It's fine

They've eaten loads today!

Ignore your mother !

glitterlips1 Tue 03-Oct-17 18:22:24

I would definitely eat it. I love a fish finger sandwich.

Stilllivinginazoo Tue 03-Oct-17 18:22:44

Def your mother
If have hot lunch at school and afterschool snack no need go all out on dinner.theres mix nutrients
If bothers your mum that much tell her shes welcome to make tea!!

Cakescakescakes Tue 03-Oct-17 18:22:56

Sounds fine to me. Very similar to my DC. And sounds like a pretty realistic tea for young kids. You will get people coming on saying they should be having broccoli and kale with a side of quinoa and some plain natural yoghurt for afters but I don't know anyone who actually eats like that in real life!

ShirleyPhallus Tue 03-Oct-17 18:23:43

All these responses are frighteningly rational

I was hoping for at least one organic quinoa post by now. Or a mention of fruit having lots of sugar at least.

What has MN become

Orangebird69 Tue 03-Oct-17 18:24:01

I think they need a little more protein (unless they had meat or similar for school lunch), but otherwise its fine.

Cakescakescakes Tue 03-Oct-17 18:24:16

Also one of my DC has SN and I would be beyond ecstatic if he would eat a fish finger sandwich never mind an actual cucumber stick!!

ChilliMum Tue 03-Oct-17 18:24:29

I love fish finger sandwiches and I haven't had one for years. Your post has inspired me to have them for dinner tomorrow so I hope yanbu grin

KrytensNanobots Tue 03-Oct-17 18:24:29

You say they've had a hot school dinner as well earlier with veg, so that sounds fine to me. smile
Especially as they've had veg snacks fruit, hummus etc and the rest.
They've hardly been deprived of food.
Nothing wrong with the odd fishfinger sandwich tea (yum) but knowing MN this'll turn into a 35 page fist fight with people declaring fishfingers the work of the devil and that they should all be banned forever grin

Bobbybobbins Tue 03-Oct-17 18:25:33

Sounds delicious!

Happyhappyveggie Tue 03-Oct-17 18:25:44

DS had chicken fajita with veg & wedges in school- DD had macaroni cheese with veg- so both quite substantial lunches too!

countycouncil Tue 03-Oct-17 18:26:21

That's what I feed my kids for lunch so you're just doing meals the other way around. They had dinner at lunchtime. YANBU

RhodaBorrocks Tue 03-Oct-17 18:35:56

I really want a fish finger sandwich for my dinner now. grin

early30smum Tue 03-Oct-17 18:36:01

Totally fine. Petit filous not ideal but hardly a disaster!

RitaMills Tue 03-Oct-17 18:41:17

Sounds perfectly fine to me, my DS had fish finger wraps and a bowl of cereal for his dinner yesterday. I had one hour to get homework and dinner done then off to swimming lessons, Mondays are hectic and I'm done beating myself up about my shitty Monday meals... it's a thing now.

Pengggwn Tue 03-Oct-17 18:42:10

She's insanely outside of her remit in telling you your food for your children is disgusting. They're fish finger sandwiches, not shit sandwiches hmm

SilverySurfer Tue 03-Oct-17 18:47:33

Never heard of a fish finger sandwich and now I really want to try one but have none sad

highinthesky Tue 03-Oct-17 18:49:11

^^Don't forget the salad cream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now