Talk

Advanced search

Anyone awake? Ds won't settle.

(25 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 02-Oct-17 00:28:37

Ds2 who is 1 (17 months) won't sleep. He's crying literally every 5/10 mins. Been going in, lying him back down, making him comfy and leaving.
Nappy dry, no temp or teething.
This is night 3 of it. I'm in tears already at the thought of it possibly being all night again.
Tried bringing him in my bed out if desperation but that failed.
Any advice?

MeriReu Mon 02-Oct-17 00:32:35

Could you lay with him? I end up in my 3yo's bed a lot (he has sleeping and breathing issues)
When he was younger I used to hold his hand through the cot or tickle his back until he fell asleep?

JennyLane Mon 02-Oct-17 00:35:24

Hugs OP. Baby is settled but the eldest seems to have croup or something similar. It's going to be a looongg night here too

misssmilla1 Mon 02-Oct-17 00:38:11

Can you give Calpol or similar? Its our go to if all else fails, and it's usually correlated a day or two later with something appearing such as teething or a crappy cold.

IMissSmashHits Mon 02-Oct-17 00:39:54

How would he respond to a drive around the block?

ktkaye Mon 02-Oct-17 00:41:57

This to shall pass? So no it really but deepest sympathy and a hug. We have this with DS (1) sometimes and it's horrendous. Usually precedes some sort of illness but you'd think after three days it would have shown? Have you tried the 'just in case' Calpol dose of hope? X

ktkaye Mon 02-Oct-17 00:42:20

*too

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 02-Oct-17 00:45:51

I can't drive sad given a dose of calpol... fingers crossed!

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 02-Oct-17 00:45:54

I can't drive sad given a dose of calpol... fingers crossed!

Holdinghand Mon 02-Oct-17 00:50:08

Co-Sleep is last option. Sometimes they just want the warmth and comfort of their mum. Make bed space big :-)

ememem84 Mon 02-Oct-17 01:46:40

Baby boy is currently cluster feeding. He’s a week old. I’m on night 3 of this. He’s just had a bit of a cry because his nappy was wet. I changed him and he peed on himself. Then wiggled in it. Silly.

KweenOfFarts Mon 02-Oct-17 01:53:15

DS sleep yet?

One thing to try is hold him so head on your should and rub/pat his back whilst you sway from side to side

Just something that worked for me

KweenOfFarts Mon 02-Oct-17 01:55:02

Sometimes I also had to wrap him up in blanket and walk up and down the garden whilst holding them.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 02-Oct-17 02:18:11

Nope he isn't ooh thanks will try that

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 02-Oct-17 02:18:13

Nope he isn't ooh thanks will try that

Piccolino2 Mon 02-Oct-17 02:21:16

Believe me. I feel your pain. Currently up with my 12 month old. Not been to sleep yet. This day 16 of illness and no sleep. Yesterday I got to sleep at 5.30am! Have to be up for DD1's nursery at 7.30. Have a banging headache and dry eyes and feel like crying. Give calpol, nurofen, tried leaving her crying, feeding her and NADA. I'm at the end of my tether.

Hope you're asleep and not reading this. X

LondonStill83 Mon 02-Oct-17 02:25:57

No suggestions, just jumping on to share your pain. DS is slightly sick, so grumpy, yet will not sleep. Night 3. So tired.

Scotstar Mon 02-Oct-17 02:33:44

I'm up too with my 6 week old who has his first cold so struggling with his breathing and a loudly snoring dh beside me! I'm hoping baba has finally given in to sleep now.
He is in a sleepyhead in crib with books propping up head end and baby Vicks on his feet. Going to buy a humidifier tomorrow. Anything else I should do?

Nightsleepneeded Mon 02-Oct-17 04:09:28

The humidifier worked worked wonders for us, as did sailine drops. Calpol also do a diffuser if that helps, although check recommended age. I think with our first cold around the same age, all we did was wedge and humidify. Took about a week to clear I believe.

Silvercatowner Mon 02-Oct-17 05:31:14

The few times ours did this, they had an ear infection.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 02-Oct-17 06:11:10

I can't barely see with stinging eyes. So tired. Feel physically sick from it.
Thank you all for advice ❤

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 02-Oct-17 09:43:31

Hope you all get a nap today and not another bad night! Feel bad but my patience is zero today. Tiredness sucks.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Tue 03-Oct-17 00:42:27

Another night of this sad aghh I need sleep

Piccolino2 Thu 05-Oct-17 04:24:06

Any progress on this? Hope you're getting some sleep. I'm up now after 2 hours broken sleep telling myself it's a phase. Sleep deprivation really is torture.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Thu 05-Oct-17 20:11:16

No progress picco it's still the same with him sad hope you get a better night tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now