Talk

Advanced search

To ask what's the worst thing you've overheard?

(195 Posts)
caringdenise009 Thu 28-Sep-17 19:47:52

Mine has to be the long loud argument between my neighbours about anal sex. It went on for 15 hours. Such gems as her screaming at him " anyone who wants to fuck a woman up the arse must be a fucking poof anyway". She had her period and wasn't in the mood. All at the top of their voices. For 15 hours. Charming.

Madbum Thu 28-Sep-17 19:49:55

A woman called her toddler a dirty cunt in front of because he picked something up from the ground.
She didn’t take kindly to me telling her she was an embarrassment of a mother.

Ohwell14 Thu 28-Sep-17 19:51:47

Two teenager lads sat on the bus, one said it was national sex day and then the other began explaining exactly what he does to a girl and all the positions and moves he has confused
It was the most uncomfortable journey ever and the look on the rest of the passengers faces was priceless.

Ilikesweetpeas Thu 28-Sep-17 19:52:27

My MIL bitching about me to other family members. All went quiet when I walked in. It was about my infertility which I can't help, and which causes me great pain. So horrible and 3 years on I can't forget it ...

Frogtits Thu 28-Sep-17 19:53:40

Sweetpea - that is so cruel flowers

Disinterested Thu 28-Sep-17 19:55:01

Recently (last week!) witnessed a very rude elderly lady who works at the local charity shop get out some air freshener and spray it around the room with a disgusted look on her face after a Muslim family left the shopshock

SallySmiley Thu 28-Sep-17 19:57:02

Two women in a spa who didn't realise I was in there too. Talking about one of then having an affair and in detail about enjoying rougher sex, having her nippples tweaked etc even though she's not normally into that. She was mortified when I was called for my treatment and she realised they weren't alone... I thought it was hilarious and served her right for having an affair...

VladmirsPoutine Thu 28-Sep-17 19:57:50

A couple over dinner discussing their marriage recently. He's cheated and contrite but she apparently wants an all expenses paid trip to Singapore confused

Frogtits Thu 28-Sep-17 19:58:27

Mine was overhearing a “friend” calling me “whatsername” to her other friends. Doesn’t sound much, but I adored her and it stung. She dumped me a year or so later - I don’t know why.

Also overheard my parents describe me (I was in my youth) as a “drama queen” who “loves an audience”. This was after I was having a laugh with my brother and his friends. I was shocked.

Shouldileavethedogs Thu 28-Sep-17 20:01:40

My ex MIL stating to her husband that I was just the tunnel that her grandchildren travelled though.

ProverbialOuthouse Thu 28-Sep-17 20:01:51

My mum telling my step dad that she wishes it was just the two of them and their kid (my half sister).

She still doesn't know that I heard that. I was 13 at the time.

MrsJayy Thu 28-Sep-17 20:02:58

Overheard on the bus 2 girls in high school uniform if you do it up the arse then you don't need a condom they looked about 15 and I turned and gave them the look I was stunned into silence

Frogtits Thu 28-Sep-17 20:04:40

Oh another - for a year, when I was ten, my family lived with my granny whilst our house was being built.

Granny had an octogenarian friend living there as well and the woman hated me. I don’t know why, I was only little.

I often overheard this woman telling people that I was a “frightful child” and that she couldn’t stand me. She said I was a “witch”.

The awful thing is that, before this woman turned nasty (senility? I don’t know) she adored me and I loved her.

caringdenise009 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:06:15

I heard a boy on the bus asking a girl to meet him, he asked her can I come in your mouth, and she didn't hang up on him sad. I really feel sorry for young girls today. That made me think just what is wrong with this world.

yorkshireyummymummy Thu 28-Sep-17 20:06:51

This happened years ago.
I was in a pub and went to the loo.
Two girls came in and started doing their makeup/ hair ( it was the 80's!!).
The conversation went as follows.
Girl1 " So what happened then? Did you go back to his"
Girl 2 " I don't kiss and tell"
Girl 1 " oh come on, tell me"
Girl 2 " yes, I went to his"
Girl1 " did you shag him? Did you? Did you? You did dint you?"
( At this point I exit loo and proceed to stand next to them at the sinks, washing hands, doing hair etc. I wanted to know if she had shagged him by now)
Girl 2" I'm not telling"
Girl 1 " oh my god, you did didn't you. You finally did him. Oh come on, what was he like. Tell me"
Girl2 " I'm not spilling"
Girl1 " oh for fucks sake , will you just tell me! I'm gagging to know! "
Girl 2" oh God. Look , all I going to say is that he was so big I have stretch marks round my mouth and I have had to stick a load of loo roll up my arse to stop my insides falling out"
deadly silence interrupted only by my lipstick snapping and falling into the sink shock shock shock
All three of us looked at each other in the mirrors.
I started to snigger.
Girl 2 mustered as much dignity as she could and said " come on, let's go and get a drink"

Thirty years down the line and I have never forgotten it. I wonder if her arse ever went back to normal..........

LovelyPrep Thu 28-Sep-17 20:07:17

sad some of these are completely horrendous. How are people so cruel?

PinkHeart5913 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:09:17

I had a stillborn baby at 35 weeks and after wards I really struggled to cope to the point where I really believed I wanted to die and if it wasn't for DH helping me and making me see I needed help I wouldn't be here now.
About a month after I lost my baby I heard a "friend" saying I should be over it and just try again, Yes love beaucse it's that easy to just forget the baby you carried for all that time and simply "try again"

Needless to say we are no longer friends!

ProverbialOuthouse Thu 28-Sep-17 20:09:18

Yorkshire, the thought of the lipstick snapping and shattering the silence is hilarious, thanks for that! 😂

RuncibleSp00n Thu 28-Sep-17 20:14:56

My DM and DF telling my DH that they thought I should lose weight, because I was 'becoming really big' and they could imagine that he'd understandably stop finding me attractive. All 3 of them were in agreement.

The pain/shame of the memory of over-hearing this still causes my physical pain to this day.

My crime? Being a size 16 for a year (due to PCOS & clinical depression). The crazy thing is, I'd overheard them having the opposite convo just a few years earlier when I'd been anorexic. confused

mymorningbeautyroutine Thu 28-Sep-17 20:20:41

Ohwell - did nobody tell the boy he was being totally out of order talking about sex like that in public??

Wickedstepmum67 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:23:31

My God, Runcible, that is so hurtful. I also have to hope that's now an ex DH or he is now a reformed character?

Ohwell14 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:36:56

No nobody said a word and I jammed my head phones in after 5 minutes when I knew they were going to go on and on

MrsJayy Thu 28-Sep-17 20:38:02

yorkshire I actually Lol'd the daughter asked whatya laughing at urmmmmm.. grin

spidey66 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:38:21

A few years ago. me and my husband were in the pub one Sunday lunchtime. At the next table was a family with 2 kids (about junior age). This guy then wandered in and joined them. The conversation between the mum (M) and the second man (M2) went:
M: So how's the new baby?
M2: Oh he's fine
M: Is he still waking at night for a feed?
M2: Yes
M: Are you helping with the night feeds?
M2: Oh yes. I keep a bottle of coke by the bed and feed him that when he wakes.shock
M: (looking shocked) How old is he?
M2: 4 weeks shock shock

M, me and my husband are sitting there looking like this---->shock angry/ He was like this---->confused when M told him in no uncertain terms you can't give coke to a 4 week old! 'But why not?' I think he had borderline learning difficulties tbh-he couldn;t grasp it at all.

yolofish Thu 28-Sep-17 20:42:55

not overheard, but written down by a wanker I had to work with: notes on the team:
boss: horsey but efficient
me: plump, pretty, friendly, stupid:
next 2 team members: talk to boss or other one

I was so outraged - this was during a mega crisis meeting - that I stole the piece of paper and brought it up later in the conversation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now