Talk

Advanced search

Who do you think about from Mumsnet?

(445 Posts)
Mrsknackered Wed 27-Sep-17 00:28:56

Have you read a thread that has really stayed with you?

I always think of the foster mum, who sadly passed away. She was looking after lovely ladybird (I think that is what she called her) and her posts made me laugh and pulled at my heartstrings. I did feel utterly heartbroken when I read she had passed on and she truly has inspired me to go into foster caring in later years.

I think about the poster who was pregnant and found out about her DP having an affair, after he was in hospital because of a car crash. I wonder how she is getting on and hope she is doing well.

Whenever I think about the poster who accidentally took the case of prosecco (was it prosecco?!) and the following Christmas, she was given a single bottle only, I really chuckle.

RunningOutOfCharge Wed 27-Sep-17 00:38:49

The lady whose husband committed suicide over new year.... couple of years ago

He had gone missing

Hope she’s ok

Arealhumanbeing Wed 27-Sep-17 01:13:44

The lady who moved into a new house in the country. She was delighted with it until she found a Bat in her dressing gown sleeve and slow worms on the kitchen floor.

JockTamsonsBairns Wed 27-Sep-17 01:20:48

Pretty much any thread involving Dittany. That's all, no big explanation - just, this place seems diminished without her.

WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Wed 27-Sep-17 01:30:26

I think about Zombie still all the time - her quite sudden decline and subsequent passing was so very sad. I have/had breast cancer and have gone through so many of the same things she did. She was so very strong and just fucking fabulous 😢

CaoNiMartacus Wed 27-Sep-17 06:04:55

Agreed, Jock. I came on this thread to mention Dittany. She taught me so much.

Antisocialarsebadger Wed 27-Sep-17 06:12:39

OP I think about the one with the husband who was having an affair too, as she really just got something in me. I think for a while she was in relationships.

imjessie Wed 27-Sep-17 06:21:24

I think of Beatrice all the time . I'm not sure Cup posts anymore ?

Lndnmummy Wed 27-Sep-17 06:25:42

Seoldair, not sure about spelling. She had a family member that made life utterly miserable for her. I think of her a lot. I learned so much from her threads that I have been able to use in my own life dealing with similar issues.

AnnaBay Wed 27-Sep-17 06:27:32

Where did Ghostspirit go?
I'm not entirely sure all was as it seems there but you know..
Last I heard, her daughter may of been pregnant.

Bintang Wed 27-Sep-17 06:34:46

Skinner. Just so funny.

Bintang Wed 27-Sep-17 06:35:24

Skinner? That was slubber.

stargirl1701 Wed 27-Sep-17 06:37:33

Xenia

Scottishmummy

Greensleeves

Vicarinatutu

Bintang Wed 27-Sep-17 06:40:49

Xenia is still here occasionally. Vicar came back recently I believe.
I miss greeny too.

imjessie Wed 27-Sep-17 06:45:08

Xenia used to crack me up! She was so adamant her way was exactly the way everyone should live .

fairyofallthings Wed 27-Sep-17 06:45:37

Xenia is here often.

BikeRunSki Wed 27-Sep-17 06:47:00

Years ago there was a poster called MaxyBrown. She always had s lot to say, and I bought a lot of children's clothes off her in the days of the active buy/sell boards. Then she posted about how to go camping with dc on the train, because she was getting divorced and couldn't drive. I sometimes wonder about her. Her dc were about a year older than mine.

Also, a lady - Blueberry something - who gave me certainty that DS's development was not normal, and it would br OK to raised it with my GP. She was right, to an extent, and we got the help we needed.

The lady a couple of years ago with a sock/shoe related name, who spent the night on night buses as she had nowhere else to go. She was amazingly good humoured and stoical about her situation. She did get a flatshare in the end. I hope she is still well and solvent.

The many people who post about off beat baby names - did they go with them?

BikeRunSki Wed 27-Sep-17 06:48:04

I was pleased to see TrinityRhino back recently.

NoWordForFluffy Wed 27-Sep-17 06:52:43

Ghost spirit is still here. I think she name changes regularly these days though. And yes, her daughter is pregnant, though I imagine she's actually due shortly.

Xenia is also a regular name changer. I've not see her recently, but I've not been on the type of thread that she frequents recently either.

MirandaWest Wed 27-Sep-17 06:56:13

I've seen Xenia posting under a different name - forget what it is though.

I think of KateandtheGirls - her DH died on 9/11 on her DDs 2nd birthday. I vaguely remember reading she'd met someone else some years later.

DontWannaBeObamasElf Wed 27-Sep-17 07:00:36

There was a poster who was pretty sharp, almost borderline nasty with her delivery but her advice was also quite good! Hollyberrybush I think.

UrsulaPandress Wed 27-Sep-17 07:03:58

The poster whose daughter was badly burned when her husband threw petrol or something on a garden fire. She did cone back and update a year or so later.

Bea and Cup.

Pinot

Zombie

StealthPolarBear Wed 27-Sep-17 07:07:14

Hecate
Getorfmoiland

GoGoGazelle Wed 27-Sep-17 07:10:05

Nagoo - I used to really like her style of posting and Hope she's ok

fairyofallthings Wed 27-Sep-17 07:13:11

Xenia has had a couple of recent name changes, she's on the same thread as me and posts fairly often.

I think of the poster with the husband who committed suicide at new year a couple of years ago, I hope she is getting on OK. Also another who went through a nasty divorce.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: