Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Photos of dc's in your bedroom??

(49 Posts)
thesqueezedlemon Tue 26-Sep-17 20:00:09

We're decorating our bedroom at the moment. I met with some friends for lunch today and we got on to discussing all things DIY. The discussion turned to photos and a few of them said that although they have photos of their dcs all over their houses, bedrooms are child photo free zones. One joked 'as that's where the magic happens' grin
They all seemed to agree with each other. Apart from me and one other who had never heard this "rule" before. Is this the done thing in your house?

thesqueezedlemon Tue 26-Sep-17 20:01:32

Just to add. I've always had photos of my dcs in my room. I never gave it a second thought.

TheLegendOfBeans Tue 26-Sep-17 20:04:00

Yeah...I do understand the "not wanting pics of the littlies starting down as you're banging away".

That's why we've stuck our pics of DD in a part of the bedroom she can't "look down on".

DillyDilly Tue 26-Sep-17 20:04:20

It's not a rule, is it ? Just preferences.

I only have a few family photos on display, on two tabletops and one hung on a wall. Personally, I think it's boring having photos of kids hanging on walls all over the house - particularly when you're expected to admire each one on every visit.

DubiousCredentials Tue 26-Sep-17 20:04:31

I've got pics of our dc in our room. Never given it a thought.

SaucyJack Tue 26-Sep-17 20:04:33

I don't have any photos of anyone up anywhere at all- save one fridge magnet with Papa Lazaroo on it.

I don't like them.

But yeah- I certainly wouldn't want to be face on to a row of school photos whilst being taken roughly from behind.

GirlOnATrainToShite Tue 26-Sep-17 20:06:37

Yeah - I have never had pictures of the kids in my room for precisely this reason - it's weird.

FindTheLightSwitchDarren Tue 26-Sep-17 20:07:05

I hadn't considered this... I do have one big family picture (with DD in it) on my bedside table. Might move that one!

CallMeDollFace Tue 26-Sep-17 20:07:27

Got some pics of dc1. On the 'to do' list is to add some of dc2 but haven't got round to it yet.

He's 5 blush

kittytom Tue 26-Sep-17 20:08:13

Er, no. I have photos of my kids and nieces and nephews in my room. One my my parents until recently! Never given it a second thought.

CallMeDollFace Tue 26-Sep-17 20:08:32

You all know they can't see you, don't you??

Mari50 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:08:45

I have loads of pictures of my DD in my bedroom. I'm also a single mum- so maybe that's why I'm not particularly bothered.

Ivy79 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:08:58

We don't have photos of anyone in the bedroom.

Can't see the point as they're not really going to be seen by anyone, really.....

dyathinkso Tue 26-Sep-17 20:09:03

saucyjack

Saucy by name saucy by nature blush

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 26-Sep-17 20:10:01

I never wanted kids photos in the bedroom for that very reason.

I do however have a photo of my dead cat.

But she's pulling a most unimpressed face so I reckon it's appropriate.

GirlOnATrainToShite Tue 26-Sep-17 20:11:08

You all know they can't see you, don't you??

Erm yes hmm

I just don't want to look at photos of my kids while I am having sex.

thesqueezedlemon Tue 26-Sep-17 20:13:29

Haha that's exactly what I said dollface

Amanduh Tue 26-Sep-17 20:15:53

I have pictures, in frames on the windowsills. Curtains closed - can't see them grin

honeylulu Tue 26-Sep-17 20:17:05

I've never thought about this before. There are pictures of kids/ family members in living areas and in hall and landing walls. None in in our bedroom. Just one photo of our wedding.
Maybe subconscious! It might be a bit of putting when we're doing the old horizontal jogging.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:18:27

None in our bedroom.

DaisysStew Tue 26-Sep-17 20:19:56

I'm single so it makes no difference.

Years ago I had an ex who kept a picture of his mum next to the bed - proper mood killer that was.

House4 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:21:14

Does the magic only happen in the bedroom then?! grin

BeanoNoir Tue 26-Sep-17 20:21:56

Not in bedroom for that reason. But also not all round the house either.

thesqueezedlemon Tue 26-Sep-17 20:21:59

Oh dear daisy that sounds a bit grim to say the least. Surely he lay it down before dtd wink

wanderings Tue 26-Sep-17 20:22:51

Sometimes it's said that the opposite is true in offices - far more photos of children than partners above desks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now