Talk

Advanced search

To ask whats the most annoying thing on public transport

(97 Posts)
Dancingfairy Tue 26-Sep-17 09:12:45

I'm currently sat on a bus and someone is sitting behind me humming loudly, and hasn't stopped for the whole journey. It's so annoying as the seats are closed it feels like they are just humming in my ear!! Ok not the most annoying but it's up there. What annoying things do you hate about public transport??

Sirzy Tue 26-Sep-17 09:13:05

People who smell

SparkwoodAnd21 Tue 26-Sep-17 09:15:13

People who have the tappy clicky keyboard sounds on their phone.

TaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptapFUCKOFF.

WindwardCircle Tue 26-Sep-17 09:16:18

When the bus or train carriage is empty and someone comes and sits next to you.

maxthemartian Tue 26-Sep-17 09:16:44

Tinny earphones.

Actually no, people who don't bother with earphones and just blare crap out of their shite phone speakers.

mothertruck3r Tue 26-Sep-17 09:17:05

Obnoxious people who play loud music without headphones so everyone else has to listen to their crappy shit.

NotTheMrMenAgain Tue 26-Sep-17 09:18:09

The other passengers.

Gromance02 Tue 26-Sep-17 09:18:52

People that don't move their bags from the seat next to them even though the bus is clearly filling up. I shouldn't have to ask you to move your bag you cretin.

mothertruck3r Tue 26-Sep-17 09:19:01

People who put all their bags on the seat next to them or sit in a way so you can't get to the empty seat.

DeadGood Tue 26-Sep-17 09:19:07

People who listen to music without headphones (or through headphones but so loudly they might as well not be wearing any)
Close second: people who don't stand up to let you out when you're sitting at the window seat. No, moving your legs aside isn't enough. GET UP. Do you really want my arse right in your face as I squeeze past?!

MollyHuaCha Tue 26-Sep-17 09:19:42

Feet on seats. hmm

dippyeggsandtoast Tue 26-Sep-17 09:20:13

People who have scream down their phones.

People who scream at each other.

Wailing kids.

KrayKray00 Tue 26-Sep-17 09:20:27

Yes, people who smell. Dirty smell. And they feel the need to sit right next to you.

People who eat hot food which smells too.

Loud conversations.

People who don't have the right change ready when they get on the bus.

People who pull the bus over to ask how long their bus is going to be.

This is why I drive but my children LOVE travelling on the bus!

opheliacat Tue 26-Sep-17 09:22:12

People grin

KimmySchmidt1 Tue 26-Sep-17 09:22:14

Middle aged white men who feel so aggrieved that the world has changed slightly against their interests since 1978 that they refuse to stand so pregnant women can sit.

Utter, utter cvnts.

EsmesBees Tue 26-Sep-17 09:22:37

People stopping at the top of the escalators oblivious of all the travellers piling up behind them.

Odoreida Tue 26-Sep-17 09:23:03

Old people with keyboard clicks. People filing their nails - I usually look at them and scream and then move seat. But the worst is people drinking or eating hot, milky things like fucking PORRIDGE or lattes or yoghurt. Music out loud is essentially annoying but the milk thing pushes me over the edge.

MrsJayy Tue 26-Sep-17 09:23:06

People talking loudly on phones some of the things they say shockdo they not understand or care everybody can hear them. Drivers tutting at me because i wait till the bus stops before i walk down to get off

PickAChew Tue 26-Sep-17 09:23:12

Slurpy eating of boiled sweets just 2' behind you.

People who spray body spray. I've been known to open the window on them in deepest, coldest winter because the spray goes straight onto my chest.

PickAChew Tue 26-Sep-17 09:25:33

The view, though! My favourite seat on the bus!

MrsJayy Tue 26-Sep-17 09:25:46

Eating or drinking loudly nearly punched somebody in the face for slurping coffee i took to facebook to rant instead grin

LightDrizzle Tue 26-Sep-17 09:27:32

- Playing music or games on phones or tablets without headphones
- gross loud sniffing and hockling
- belching
- noisy eating or eating smelly food
- feet up on seats

Heartofglass12345 Tue 26-Sep-17 09:27:36

When people get on before youve gotten off, even though they can clearly see you stood by the door waiting to get off
People at the back of a coach who get off before the people sat towards the front, so you end up sat there waiting for ages to get off because the whole coach is now getting off (maybe i’m not fast enough lol)

PressPaws Tue 26-Sep-17 09:27:44

There was a woman who painted her nails a couple of seats away from me on a plane once. The smell was nauseating (especially bad because I was pregnant). So I'd say people who do anything with a strong smell are the worst.

YessicaHaircut Tue 26-Sep-17 09:35:50

Can I add - people who smoke in the bus shelter when it's raining so you have to either deal with the stink or get wet!
Yy to people spraying perfume/deodorant on the bus, it's grim. I also share a small office with a woman who does this 🤢

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: