loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed

(5 Posts)
walkingout Tue 26-Sep-17 00:03:57

Hi insomniac MNers.
Quick post with a name change.
I've been in a emotionally abusive relationship for 10+ years and I've never had the courage to leave.
But today after another argument blown out of proportion, something had finally clicked.
Wtf am I still doing here?! We have a few kids, youngest is a few weeks old.
Now dp is away with work for 3 nights tomorrow, should I pack my shit and just leave or change the locks? The house is both our names as I put down the deposit and he pays the mortgage/bills. I feel like leaving with no contact would be easier on me, but I can't uproot the kids from school and why the fuck should have to start again?

username7979 Tue 26-Sep-17 00:07:56

What do you think would be the safest thing to do for you and your kids?

walkingout Tue 26-Sep-17 00:10:42

He's the doting father when it comes to them but with me, I'm treading on eggshells constantly. The kids have never witnessed his behaviour. It's just a sly dig here and there, he normally picks a fight with me early morning when they're asleep or late at night.

meyouus Tue 26-Sep-17 06:47:59

I would be careful about changing the locks while he's paying the mortgage- he may decide to just stop untill there's an order in place.

Ropsleybunny Tue 26-Sep-17 06:51:06

Ring Women's Aid for advice.

www.womensaid.org.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now