Talk

Advanced search

To not go to bed until I know Mum's OK?

(10 Posts)
shouldnthavesaid Mon 25-Sep-17 22:27:33

I'm struggling to stay rational.

She lives alone, has some disabilities (mental health, vertigo and seizures). She has a community alarm that's linked to 24/7 carers.

I've been trying to call Mum since 9pm just to check she's OK. I spent the weekend with her & travelled home today (long day, left hers at half 10 and got to Glasgow at 4ish).

I've spoken to her alarm staff, they explained that she'd called in earlier , they sent her carers round (at about 9ish). Spoke to her carer team leader about 15 minutes ago and she's phoning me back shortly.

I'm shattered, very sore after bus/period pain, but can't settle now until I know whats happening. I'm some 160 miles away and couldn't get to mums before 4am or so even if I wanted to (presume train and then a taxi so too expensive anyway!) .

I haven't got contact of anyone local who can check except her carers .

My mind is going to all sorts of places. I want to know shes OK sad

skincarejunkie Mon 25-Sep-17 22:29:09

Any news? flowers

NevilleBennett Mon 25-Sep-17 22:30:53

Does she have a keysafe? If so, could the neighbours or a friend to around to see if she's ok?

If you really can't get anywhere with the carers, you could call 999 and ask the police for a welfare check. It's not going to be a priority, though, and it will take hours.

shouldnthavesaid Mon 25-Sep-17 22:38:04

I've put a message on Facebook asking .. carers phoned and said at half 9 she was fine and they put her to bed. I still need to speak to her to be sure though. Shes probably in a deep sleep.

Marmalady75 Mon 25-Sep-17 22:42:55

If the carers spoke to her at half 9 then she is most likely fine. You are tired after this weekend and no doubt she will be too. I totally get the thing about waiting up to hear from her. We used to do this quite often with my gran and had a few late night dashes when she didn't answer her phone (she was fine every time if a bit miffed at being woken). Try to get some rest and have your phone handy.

shouldnthavesaid Mon 25-Sep-17 23:02:37

Neighbour has gone round , says she seems fairly with it but phoning 111 anyway to check . Probably had a seizure in her sleep, They make her quite confused for a while after for some reason.

peekyboo Tue 26-Sep-17 00:30:03

Glad you got someone to see her OP, hope she's feeling better in the morning.

Marmalady75 Tue 26-Sep-17 09:40:57

How is she doing this morning?

shouldnthavesaid Tue 26-Sep-17 16:45:49

She's OK, tired and tearful though but neighbours have been in and out.

I on the other hand slept in and nearly missed my lecture. Woke up with 10 minutes to spare. Have been invited out to Christian Union tonight (haha, I havent been to church in a while) so going to go and distract myself from my anxieties for a bit!

Marmalady75 Tue 26-Sep-17 17:11:48

Try to put it to the back of your mind for a while (easier said than done). Go and have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now