Talk

Advanced search

Aibu about my blinds

(13 Posts)
Lilachopesandwishes Mon 25-Sep-17 20:58:09

Had a company come round to measure my blinds a week ago, fitting arranged for Saturday, had a phone call to say been a mix up and couldn't fit them. Fitting rearranged for today, left work early to accommodate the fitting, slot came and passed, phoned office at 4.45 and they said they would contact fitter who would contact me asap. No contact and office shuts 5:30, 6:30leave a email complaining 7:30 comes and manager phones asking why I want to complain hmm 10 minutes later fitter phones saying they had left me 3 missed calls, 2 voicemails and 4 texts(not on my phone) and had also rang door bell and knocked door several times (didn't hear these either hmm) fitter wants me to arrange fitting for tomorrow at 3.30 meaning I have to loose more time off work I said no as that is not convenient for me, says that I'm being awkward and the fact I can only do after half 4 as I finish at 4 and 20 minutes journey back. AIBU by making them accommodate me ?

manglethedangle Mon 25-Sep-17 20:59:58

So whose phone did they call? Whose door did they knock on? I call bullshit. I'd want my money back and go elsewhere.

Darkstar4855 Mon 25-Sep-17 21:20:15

I would check whether they have the correct address and phone number first. If they claim they knocked and called you and you have no evidence of either then either they're lying or their fitter got given wrong details by the office.

YANBU asking then to accommodate you as you are the paying customer, however I'd want to make sure when it was rearranged that the same thing didn't happen again.

Birdsgottafly Mon 25-Sep-17 21:23:38

The fitter is moonlighting.

He must have a work phone and be able to prove he's phoned you.

They either sort out a time that suits you, compensate you, or you get your money back.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Mon 25-Sep-17 21:24:09

Ask them to evidence the texts and phone logs

Lilachopesandwishes Mon 25-Sep-17 21:47:30

They have all the right details I've double checked and the manager has apologised, I've asked to see evidence of call logs, no answer to the question when I asked just got asked if I can make the fitting. The cynic in me calls bs.

Lilachopesandwishes Tue 26-Sep-17 20:36:59

Update- didn’t turn up for scheduled appointment again, his mom phoned me and apologised gave me a sob story, said she’d personally bring him tomorrow, I say fine, he phones me 2 minutes later shouting and swearing at me down the phone and calling me a liar. Told him to shove the blinds. Phoned back ignored the call and text me saying that he would pay for the blinds if I let him come. I say no I’m not being spoken to like that, he rings off a private number, I answer thinking it’s a work colleagues whose call I’m waiting for, he gets lairy again soon shuts up when DP speaks to him, going in to main office tomorrow to talk to a manager.

Lilachopesandwishes Tue 26-Sep-17 20:38:14

He phoned me and I ignored the call the second time, sorry didn’t make that very clear

wheresmyphone Tue 26-Sep-17 20:40:38

OMG. That's ridiculous. Do not let him in your house. Do they have any of your money? Can you just walk away?

Silverthorn Tue 26-Sep-17 20:47:32

Wtf? He was going to fit them for free? His Mum called you? How old is he?
confused

Lilachopesandwishes Tue 26-Sep-17 22:12:49

Grown man definitely older than me. the sob story his mom gave me is that he is going through a divorce and picked up the kids from school today who just so happen to finish at my appointment time. I phoned the company mobile number on the invoice and got through to a manager, manager is coming to refund my deposit tomorrow and I told him if the original fitter turns up I will phone the police as I don’t want him anywhere near me or the house. The boss apologised and said obviously he will be reprimanded as not only has all this happened today he lied about the fabric being mixed up
On Saturday and his mom dropped him in it about his lies yesterday as it turns out he had forgotten about the rescheduled appointment and from the sound of it couldn’t put it in the book as it would be apparent he was lying about Saturday. Absolutely raging that people can treat others like this, I understand people have personal problems but it’s no excuse for this. I had been more than reasonable with them until today when he phoned me even though his mom had just begged me not to complain again as he needs the job and the money for his kids. I feel a bit sorry for the mom as I said to his boss you could hear her in the background telling him not to phone me and that he needs to think of his job. I’m just so glad I wasn’t in the house in my own.

52FestiveRoad Tue 26-Sep-17 22:19:08

Blimey OP, this is like something out of a soap opera and all you wanted was some blinds! I think you need to get your money back and find another company, one that won't embroil you in their messy personal life

Lilachopesandwishes Tue 26-Sep-17 22:42:45

I know right, at least it’s given me some sort of entertainment on a boring Tuesday evening. All I want is some blinds....is it to much to ask? Will definitely be getting my money back as the boss said but if he changes his mind you will all be seeing me on Judge Rinder grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now