Talk

Advanced search

Bagged up dog waste

(14 Posts)
toastytea Sun 24-Sep-17 16:16:10

Basically I'm on a woodland walk and I've passed several bags of dog waste left alongside the path. Wondering why people do this?

There is a dog waste bin at the end of the (circular) path.

If you really don't want to carry it to the bin then surely, it would make more sense to just flick the poo off the path?

Am I missing something?

ProverbialOuthouse Sun 24-Sep-17 16:17:42

I don't understand this either. They're picking up the shit and then flinging it back to the ground with a bag attached!! Surely this is worse than not picking it up at all?

ReinettePompadour Sun 24-Sep-17 16:20:01

Theres a dog poo tree where I walk my dogs. Every branch has a bag of poo hanging on it. Theres also a dog poo bin about 10ft away so its clearly some peculiar custom I'm unaware of confused

ElBandito Sun 24-Sep-17 16:20:48

They alledge that they pick the bags up on their way back.

Cantspell2 Sun 24-Sep-17 16:23:42

Dropping bags of dog poo is just the owners being lazy and not wanting to carry poo a couple of hundred yards.
Just kicking poo off the path is gross and worse than the poor bag droppers. Not everyone sticks to the path and a child could still end up stepping in it.

Fauxgina Sun 24-Sep-17 16:25:20

They bag it and leave it to collect on their way back. And then never do.

Vile.

IfNot Sun 24-Sep-17 16:28:01

Because they are revolting, people hating inadequates. There's no other possible explaination. Same as the filthy bastards who let their dogs crap in the middle of the pavement near our school . Or on playing fields. They must get some kind of sick thrill from it because it wouldn't be hard, if they really are too lazy to pick it up, to send the dog into the bracken/bushes.

SheSaidNoFuckThat Sun 24-Sep-17 16:28:13

Where I live this happens because the council never empty the poo bins! It's nasty, shouldn't be done but it doesn't help

toastytea Sun 24-Sep-17 17:33:41

Forgot to mention - also saw poo bags hanging from tree. So odd - I just don't understand the point?

I still think just flicking it into the woodland would be better than putting it In a bag and leaving it/hanging it In a tree.

Sirzy Sun 24-Sep-17 17:35:47

Where I live this happens because the council never empty the poo bins! It's nasty, shouldn't be done but it doesn't help

Sorry but that is just an excuse. They can Either leave it at the bin (and contact the council to let them know it’s overflowing) or carry it home.

Katescurios Sun 24-Sep-17 17:36:07

Or worse when they're left in horse fields metro.co.uk/2017/04/21/horses-die-because-they-ate-dog-poo-bags-thrown-into-their-field-6589167/

Tainbri Sun 24-Sep-17 17:43:16

I see this too! They hang it on a gate by the road side or leave the little plastic bags around in trees. Just why??? Why even bother to pick it up in the fist place if that's what you do with it? Adding to the pollution with plastic litter is worse and just ends up in the fields where animals graze. angry

mirime Sun 24-Sep-17 19:23:01

Can't stand the hanging it on fences and trees. It's horrible.

I've walked my in laws dog, and we bagged the poo to pick up on the way back, and you know what? We're responsible, so we hid it out of view and then actually picked it up on the way back. No leaving it. No hanging it on anything. It's not difficult.

BlurryFace Sun 24-Sep-17 19:39:02

People say they leave it to pick up on the way back, but often they forget or can't be arsed. I always carry the poo with me even if I'm doubling back so I don't forget it. It's pretty dreadful to leave them in bushes/trees etc, looks awful and at least the poo left unbagged breaks down/washes away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now