Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To leave a bad review for a builder

(11 Posts)
greendale17 Sun 24-Sep-17 10:21:42

Found local builder who had good reviews on Checkatrade and Google. I took the afternoon off work so he could come and do a quote for a big job on the house. Been 2 weeks and he hasn't sent me the quote. I rang him and a friendly text and he hasn't replied.

AIBU to leave a poor review? This guy has wasted my time and didn't have the courtesy to reply

AlpacaLypse Sun 24-Sep-17 10:25:44

It's possible he's gone off sick. Unless you've seen him working on other buildings since he visited your home, I'd reserve judgement. A bad review can trash a business.

PhantomBlooper Sun 24-Sep-17 10:31:12

Don't think I'd bother with a bad review but I would definitely go elsewhere. Even if ill I'd expect a professional to be in touch in some capacity. Sounds to me that they think the job is too big/difficult/not worth their time and have decided to ghost you.

Butterymuffin Sun 24-Sep-17 10:31:14

Contact him once more and if he doesn't respond in the next week, I wouldn't have a problem with leaving a factual review that says what you've said in your first paragraph here.

PhantomBlooper Sun 24-Sep-17 10:31:14

Don't think I'd bother with a bad review but I would definitely go elsewhere. Even if ill I'd expect a professional to be in touch in some capacity. Sounds to me that they think the job is too big/difficult/not worth their time and have decided to ghost you.

greendale17 Sun 24-Sep-17 10:31:57

Thanks for the replies smile

AnnetteCurtains Sun 24-Sep-17 10:33:34

No I wouldn't
I think that's a bit petty as he hasn't done any work for you

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sun 24-Sep-17 12:32:23

Surely the point of reviews is to give other people an insight into the experience customers have had. So in that respect I don't think you'd be in the wrong for giving the facts as you've mentioned in your OP. Being a good trades person isn't just about doing the actual job well, it also involves how well they communicate and deal with the admin side. Dealing with trades people who are good at the job but bad in other aspects is so much more stressful than if they bothered to return calls etc. There is absolutely no excuse for ghosting; if he decided he couldn't do or didn't want to do the job it's courtesy to let the customer know so they aren't waiting around for a reply. Unprofessional bugger.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sun 24-Sep-17 12:34:04

To add, I place reliability as highly as skill when looking for a trades person and I'd certainly want to know about the irritating things like not returning calls, lack of punctuality, not being organised, etc.

Brittbugs80 Sun 24-Sep-17 12:35:59

I also thought that you can't leave a review on checkatrade until the person doing the work had give you their ref number to leave on the review?

I wouldn't leave a bad review for that though. Have you chased him?

balsamicbarbara Sun 24-Sep-17 12:43:21

No. He might retaliate and it's not worth the risk in return for the brief kick you get out of leaving the review.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now