Talk

Advanced search

Confused

(12 Posts)
PinkPaeonies Sun 24-Sep-17 00:41:23

Must have been a blue moon because dh took me out for dinner this evening to a cool and trendy music / dinner venue completely unexpectedly. We NEVER go out. I was pathetically thrilled. I thought perhaps this was the start of something new. I was conscious not dk do anything to fuck it up. All is going well when he asks me what I thought about coming here on a double date with him and an ex Internet date of his hat he has kept in touch with. He says it's because he thinks her dh is suspicious of him and he wants him not to worry. He also says hat it's because he wants the ex to offer him some tickets for next football season. What am I supposed to Think? It literally killed the evening. We're on our way home now in stony silence. I'd like to think he's just a well meaning fuckwit. But I the other hand I can't help but think there's no smoke without fire. Why on earth bring this up when we're out for a rare evening together? I'm feeling very sad. If I'm totally misreading everything please be kind. I suffer with anxiety and this summer had a breakdown. X

silverbell64 Sun 24-Sep-17 00:47:25

Im pretty flabbergasted. What on earth was he thinking. He is one selfish arse. Why on earth would he do that?

blueberrypie0112 Sun 24-Sep-17 00:50:34

smh at him. Should be about you and him.

PinkPaeonies Sun 24-Sep-17 01:06:29

I'm literally so sad right now. And I know he is going to twist it round to make me feel like I am overreacting. He will blame it on my anxiety and make me feel unreasonable. I already can't think straight.

GemmaCollinsBabes Sun 24-Sep-17 01:08:58

What the heck?
Is he (sorry!) angling for a threesome or something?

WeirdAndPissedOff Sun 24-Sep-17 01:11:17

I don't want to make you feel any worse, but I would suspect the evening may have been a way to butter you up before asking? Especially if he never does it, then the one time he does he just happens to think of asking for a double date.

flowers He's an arsehole either way - sorry your evening was spoiled.

Aquamarine1029 Sun 24-Sep-17 04:51:16

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of. Your husband is a complete twat.

NerrSnerr Sun 24-Sep-17 05:02:47

You lost me at not wanting to fuck up the night out. A night out with your husband shouldn't be like that. Whatever his game is it doesn't sound good.

TheStoic Sun 24-Sep-17 05:12:40

Why is his...friend's husband suspicious of him?

eyebrowseyebrows Sun 24-Sep-17 05:42:03

I agree with @NerrSnerr

Good relationships don't involve having to think about 'not fucking up' a night out. Does he make you feel like you fuck things up?

Shouldileavethedogs Sun 24-Sep-17 06:11:07

I think he's up to something and preparing for the moment he's caught out so that he can say.....why would I introduce you if I saw shagging her. Very odd behaviour

Wallywobbles Sun 24-Sep-17 06:27:01

Shouldileavethedogs may well be on the money. This does not sound like a comfortable relationship. Are you sure you want to be in it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now