Talk

Advanced search

Personal trainer

(8 Posts)
RainbowsAndCrystals Sat 23-Sep-17 18:02:08

I pay for 2 hour sessions a week and he always finishes 5 minutes early.

The session I had yesterday he was 5 minutes late. I saw him talking to another woman in the gym and he said she was his client and had got the wrong day.

I know it's only 5 minutes but it's time I'm paying for and he never made up the lost time.

He asked what restaurant I was going to last night and that he would look at the menu and message me what I could eat. He never bothered.

I pay this man £300 a month.

Am I expecting too much?

TheSnowFairy Sat 23-Sep-17 18:08:08

I think you are paying too much - nearly £40 a session?!

RainbowsAndCrystals Sat 23-Sep-17 18:10:13

Well it's for the sessions and his support .. so I can text him at any time if I'm struggling or need help with food etc. He also does my nutrition plan.

pandarific Sat 23-Sep-17 18:10:22

That's what my trainer charges - have been quoted up to £50 in the past, don't think that's unusual. (SE)

pandarific Sat 23-Sep-17 18:11:20

That said, he doesn't sound that engaged - and he's supposed to be focusing on you, that's what you're paying for. Look around for a different trainer?

TheSnowFairy Sat 23-Sep-17 18:12:24

I'm in SE too and was paying half that.

But yes, you need to call him out on his timekeeping and his non texting.

Tilapia Sat 23-Sep-17 18:14:01

Does he book sessions back to back? If so I'm not surprised he wants a few minutes in between clients. It wouldn't bother me too much as long as we'd had a really good productive 50-55 minute session. If he said he'd text you and didn't that's a bit rubbish though.

NC4now Sat 23-Sep-17 18:14:43

I pay my trainer that, but he WhatsApps me during the week to see how I'm getting on and I can message him any time.
Is your guy generally supportive? I wouldn't be too upset at 5 minutes if he was generally supportive and you get through your program in your session. If you are having to skip things YANBU.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: