Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Saturday Kitchen

(7 Posts)
crisscrosscranky Sat 23-Sep-17 10:56:47

AIBU to think Saturday Kitchen has lost it's way?

Saturday Kitchen used to be my excuse to sit down for a couple of hours with a pot of tea but I'm struggling to keep interested this morning- actually considering getting up and emptying the dishwasher shock

It's not just the lack of James Martin but I think a replacement full time presenter would have been better than a different one every week...

PurpleDaisies Sat 23-Sep-17 10:58:03

I don't mind the different presenters, I just don't think some of the ones that do it are very good.

HopeAndJoy16 Sat 23-Sep-17 11:04:02

It's still better than James Martin's rival show on ITV, I used to like him on Saturday Kitchen but just find his new show really irritating!

SwedishEdith Sat 23-Sep-17 11:04:38

James Martin is on ITV now. I tried it for about 10 minutes a few weeks ago but it just has that awful ITVness to it. Like when Jonathan Ross went there.

I like the different presenters - I think they've sifted out the really awful ones Lorraine Pascal. I like the Irish guy who does it sometimes.

maras2 Sat 23-Sep-17 11:05:17

I wait till it's on I player,then just scroll on and watch the old recordings of cookery programs like Mrs Jaffrey,Floyd etc,
Can't be doing with gobby presenters and 'slebs' who are too hungover to be entertaining.

Bluntness100 Sat 23-Sep-17 11:05:18

To be honest I never watch it, but if it's the one I'm thinking about which had carol the weather lady on it this morning I did pause for a moment and think, " she's got a dog in the kitchen whilst they cook? " seemed weird to me. I must have missed some reason she would have her dog on a cookery program.confused

SwedishEdith Sat 23-Sep-17 11:07:00

Carol with the dog was the ITV one.

Was just about to say it's worth it for Keith Floyd alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now