Talk

Advanced search

Dog poo aibu

(8 Posts)
Cantshedmymuffintop Thu 21-Sep-17 09:36:38

Ok, so the counil have recently received money from contractors of a new build estate, so have done up our local park. It looks much better tbf. Heres my aibu. They used to have a specific dog poo bin. Since the revamp they've removed this and now the regular bins appear to be filled with dog poo bags. Personally I think this is gross & that little children will be using the bins and that dog poo bin should be reinstated. I wrote to the council with a photo of the problem and asked if they would reinstate said bin. They just got back to me and said no, its perfectly ok to put dog poo on ordinary bins. AIBU or is this totally gross?

Smoothyloopy Thu 21-Sep-17 09:52:20

Our council have dual use bins. It's cheaper as they don't have to do desperate collections & it all ends up in the same place anyway. If the poos are in bags when they go in the bin I don't see an issue.

toolonglurking Thu 21-Sep-17 09:55:30

I agree with PP, if the poo is bagged it makes no difference.

RB68 Thu 21-Sep-17 10:01:37

YABU - kids shouldn't be ferriting around in bins and the poo is bagged - usually doubly. There are far worse things going in the bins I am sure..half eaten egg sandwiches, syringes, bloody and snotty tissues etc, kids nappies

Danceswithwarthogs Thu 21-Sep-17 10:02:00

Most relevant point is that they are regularly emptied... and that strong action is taken for those who don't pick up poo
(Toxacara worm larvae that can cause blindness in children are most dangerous a few weeks after the poo was pooped - once it's been washed down into the grass). Maybe monitor the situation and report if poo still left lying around or bins overflowinG?

JWrecks Thu 21-Sep-17 10:40:20

Seems strange that they would take the poo bin away and not return it, especially if it's one of those that has a lid and bag dispenser - so handy and no smell. I'd think it would be simple enough to put it back, so I wonder why they won't?

That said, YAB a little U. I don't think it's unsanitary or dangerous to put poo in a regular bin. Children throwing things into the bin won't be in contact with any poo that's already in there and bagged, and children who go sticking their hands into bins must always be stopped immediately regardless of whether or not there is poo in there. There is likely far worse than dog poo in a public bin!

Anyway there is most likely poo in any bin in a park or public place where dogs ever go, as dogs don't care about people rules and go when they've got to go. Not to mention, many people don't care about rules and using the correct bins, either.

Ifailed Thu 21-Sep-17 10:43:24

I'd like to know where this wonderful park is, round my way they just fling the bag into the hedge.

Huskylover1 Thu 21-Sep-17 12:46:02

I'd be more concerned, about the dog poo that hasn't been picked up. I pick up an extra 5 or so a day, that idiots have not bothered to pick up. It's gross.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now