Talk

Advanced search

What the hell do you do in the bath?!

(263 Posts)
Sayyouwill Wed 20-Sep-17 13:43:11

I'm sat here, have been for around 10 mins, in the bath and I'm BORED!!

I've just moved into a new house and this is the first place I've lived with a bath for years so I've forgotten how to do it.

I lit some candles (they do that on the telly), I tried reading but my book got wet, I watched the bathbomb fizz around for a bit... now what? Do I just lay here and try to forget the world?

MimsyBorogroves Wed 20-Sep-17 13:45:24

I read. Only dropped a book once due to a cat-related incident.

BitchyInnerMonologue Wed 20-Sep-17 13:47:10

I have my iPad on a shelf close to the bath (but out of reach of water) and I watch Netflix with a glass of wine and some nice candles.

Userwhocouldntthinkofagoodname Wed 20-Sep-17 13:47:33

Meditate, have a snooze, listen to music, occasionally watch netflix on laptop.

RatOnnaStick Wed 20-Sep-17 13:48:30

Read, watch stuff, ignore children. Mostly read.

Rosieposy4 Wed 20-Sep-17 13:48:38

Read mostly, occasionally drink wine too.

InsomniacAnonymous Wed 20-Sep-17 13:48:43

I get clean and then I get out. Is that odd then?

ZeroFuchsGiven Wed 20-Sep-17 13:48:44

I very rarely go in the bath but when I do (usually to escape) I take a kitchen chair a pop my tablet on it with a film on or catch up on my soaps.

DJBaggySmalls Wed 20-Sep-17 13:48:45

I havent had a bath for over a year. I used to love them.

Lules Wed 20-Sep-17 13:48:59

Read. Watch tv/look at the internet on my phone (I've never got it wet). Contemplate life. Pretend to be a mermaid.

Sayyouwill Wed 20-Sep-17 13:49:01

Well I was going to bring the iPad with me but it's battery is dead so I've got my phone (obviously). Contemplating shaving my legs but I really cba...

Graphista Wed 20-Sep-17 13:49:12

I have music on and sing along, or read - magazines as I'd be devastated if I dropped a book in. Proper pamper yourself too, face mask, hair mask, shave, massage feet and hands...

afromom Wed 20-Sep-17 13:49:17

I either read or watch something on my phone or iPad. DSD loves a bath, she watches cbbc on iplayer on her iPad too. DP just falls asleep!

Time40 Wed 20-Sep-17 13:49:38

Read. For a very long time. With hot water top-ups.

Tilapia Wed 20-Sep-17 13:49:54

I read. I love baths.

Sayyouwill Wed 20-Sep-17 13:50:15

Pretend to be a mermaid

This just made me chuckle (and causes tidal waves)

0hT00dles Wed 20-Sep-17 13:50:43

I just had a nice relaxing bath last night. Lit some candles and watched the tablet! Sometimes I read. But mostly catch up on tv!

FoofFighter Wed 20-Sep-17 13:50:48

It's day time.

Baths in the day time are wrong.

You're doing it wrong OP!

MaxPepsi Wed 20-Sep-17 13:50:59

I sit and relax for 10 mins, whilst the face mask gets to work.

I then read my kindle/book/magazine

I then get too warm so put the reading material away and sit up and shave my legs, rinse off the face mask.

Then I go back to reading.

Then get ready for bed.

I love a good bath but they are mainly a night time activity for me, unless I am bone chillingly cold then I have a bath simply to warm up!

Maudlinmaud Wed 20-Sep-17 13:50:59

I always think a bath is a good idea too, but once I'm in I start having regrets - every time. Like you I get bored. I have sometimes resorted to amusing myself with the dcs toys or filling up an empty bottle and pouring water out of it or trying to sink the sponge. I'm boring myself just thinking about it. I quite like it when my cat comes in and walks around the edge, that's really the only thing it's enjoyable.

SerendipityFelix Wed 20-Sep-17 13:51:00

Listen to podcasts and radio plays, read, watch Netflix or Amazon on phone/tablet. Drink wine, float, daydream.

Eolian Wed 20-Sep-17 13:51:04

Think deep thoughts. Or shallow ones. Do nothing. That's what's so great about it! But then I could sit on my own for hours (not even in a bath) with no form of entertaiment or company and not get bored. grin

Eolian Wed 20-Sep-17 13:51:42

In fact it boggles my brain to think that anyone could get bored in ten minutes!

itsbetterthanabox Wed 20-Sep-17 13:51:50

How did your book get wet?
I read or read my phone. Watch stuff or listen to podcasts.

Mittens1969 Wed 20-Sep-17 13:54:12

I just have a good old soak and try and ignore children lol. They do call out 'Muuummmyyyy!' though!! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: