Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to ask for mattress recommendations?

(12 Posts)
woofsaysthecat Wed 20-Sep-17 01:25:40

I'm actually sick of our bed now. It's 7 years old but it's had its day now.

I haven't got a clue what's a reasonable price for a mattress? Can any give me recommendations of your lovely mattresses?

Any one bought a mattress from this company? They seem very reasonable and have glowing reviews on trust pilot but it's just odd buying a mattress without trying it!

https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/product/origins-pocket-1500/

LifeofClimb Wed 20-Sep-17 01:46:38

I bought the Eve a few months ago and I bloody love it.

Pivoine Wed 20-Sep-17 01:57:23

I would like an Eve, or a Casper, or a Leesa. I'm not entirely sure what the differences are or if they are in fact the same company masquerading under other names. Which is the best out of these?

Also the fact they're supposed to be hot to sleep on worries me.

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 20-Sep-17 06:17:54

As well as those there's Emma, Bruno, The One and possibly others. Most do a 100 day trial and there's discount codes available if you look. We stayed in a hotel on Gozo with one of this type and it was amazing.

We're getting a Leesa once DP stops working away so will be around to help swap it over but I fully admit to that choice is swayed by the Scummy Mummies advert. They say 'a cool relaxing sleep' the new generation three layer ones aren't supposed to be hot to sleep on. It's going to be about £600 after discount code for an ikea king size one so not bargain basement but not as expensive as I'd feared.

Have a look at the reviews as some say they're better for side or back sleepers or if you are heavy.

Ninabean17 Wed 20-Sep-17 06:20:54

Tempur. Cannot recommend them enough. I actually used to have physio for my back and haven't had to go since getting this mattress.

OliviaStabler Wed 20-Sep-17 06:37:43

I wouldn't buy a mattress without trying it. I bought my last one from John Lewis. It was one of their own brand ones. Very comfy.

GrumpyOldFucker Wed 20-Sep-17 06:53:35

I find Tempur too hot & would love to find something as comfortable but cooler.

daisygirlmac Wed 20-Sep-17 07:00:42

I've just got an Eve and it's amazing. We got a super king which was fairly pricey but so worth it. I don't find it hot to sleep on and I'm currently experiencing intense medication sweats so I would definitely notice! Can't recommend them enough it's the best nights sleep I've ever had

creamcheeseandlox Wed 20-Sep-17 07:05:30

We got a simba mattress. Same sort of thing as eve etc. 100 day trial. John Lewis stocks them so I went and had a look before buying. Superking so not cheap but very comfy. I've just bought the eve pillow to and that is one of the best pillows I've ever slept on.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 20-Sep-17 07:12:26

We have a Tempur.

nocake Wed 20-Sep-17 10:15:25

We bought a mattress from Button & Sprung. They offer a 100 day return so if you don't like it you can send it back. They're made in a similar way to some JL mattresses so we tried those before ordering.

cochineal7 Wed 20-Sep-17 10:18:42

We got one from TheSleepRoom - it is now called Loaf. Their mattress is the best I ever slept on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now