Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to tell you I'm going to graduate today?

(44 Posts)
Flipflopflipflap Tue 19-Sep-17 00:11:12

I don't want this to be a stealth boast or anything like that, but I am lying in bed like a little girl all overexcited. OH is out like a light and has had a virus all week, and I don't want to wake him up just for this (although he's been incredibly supportive over the three years we've been together and the five years we've been friends.)
I just feel so bloody proud of myself although I can't vocalise it in front of my friends as they're all graduates straight from school.
I just think the whole process was such a challenge for me, I'm normally much a defeatist and I encountered so much adversity over these last four years, from escaping an abysive partner, to having a friend murdered, to losing my grandad, being diagnosed with a physical disability, finding a new partner, sitting finals whilst pregnant with morning sickness, then losing a baby at 21w the day my final assignment was due.
I thought it would never end, and it's all over. I feel like I can take on the world.

If any of you lovely mymsnetters are contemplating a return to education I would say do it everyday. You'll be amazing

Thanks to anyone who read this. I just wanted to get it off my chest

Xxxxxxx

Pinkbedsheets Tue 19-Sep-17 00:12:37

Congratulations!flowers

SerfTerf Tue 19-Sep-17 00:12:45

Congratulations smilestar

ladybirdsarelovely33 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:13:04

Congratulations are in order!
Sorry to hear about everything you have been through.

Maya12 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:15:06

Well done! Hope you have a fab day!

ComingUpTrumps Tue 19-Sep-17 00:16:38

Well done!!! Huge congratulations smilestarcake xxxx

PitilessYank Tue 19-Sep-17 00:16:46

Good job!!

Flipflopflipflap Tue 19-Sep-17 00:17:37

Thank you all. It's just so exciting I feel like a kid at Christmas and I can start my dream career!!
I just wish I could sleep πŸ˜‚

hayli Tue 19-Sep-17 00:19:22

Oh congratulations! flowerssmile

IamaBluebird Tue 19-Sep-17 00:19:46

Hope you have a lovely day. Congratulationsflowers

LondonNicki Tue 19-Sep-17 00:22:32

Wow!! Amazing.. good for you... what an achievement !!

Enjoy feeling proud girl. You've earned it x

LondonNicki Tue 19-Sep-17 00:23:31

What's your next move?

Aquamarine1029 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:29:34

Well done and congratulations!! I know exactly how you feel. I finished my degree last month at the age of 44. It's never too late!

FadedRed Tue 19-Sep-17 00:32:21

Well done you! star πŸΎπŸ’πŸŽ“
Enjoy your day, you deserve it! And all the best for the new career!

NOW SWITCH OFF YOUR PHONE/iPAD/DEVICE AND GO TO SLEEP!!!
πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸŽπŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ«πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸπŸ‘ <<<some sheep to count (ignore the not-sheep)

NearLifeExperience Tue 19-Sep-17 00:32:36

Yay, go you! flowers

TiesThatBindMe Tue 19-Sep-17 00:35:32

Well done. What a fabulous achievement. Sending you sleep dust....

EloquentlyIneffable Tue 19-Sep-17 00:38:04

Congratulations! You deserve to feel so so proud! flowers

LellyMcKelly Tue 19-Sep-17 00:40:23

Huge congratulations! It is a great achievement. And it is just the start of your journey. You've overcome big challenges, worked hard, know a lot more about what you can do, and hopefully are a lot more confident in your talent and abilities. I absolutely love the words of Nadiya Hussein when she won Great British Bake Off.

"I’m never gonna put boundaries on myself ever again. I’m never gonna say I can’t do it. I’m never gonna say β€˜maybe’. I’m never gonna say, β€˜I don’t think I can.’ I can and I will."

And you will. You total star!

oldlaundbooth Tue 19-Sep-17 00:41:51

Done the business there op.

Now get to sleep you graduate, you! πŸ˜‡πŸ™‹

AuntyEstablishment Tue 19-Sep-17 00:48:37

YANBU to tell us. I'm genuinely happy for you. I hope you have a fantastic day. I know graduations are often a lot of standing around and listening to boring speeches etc etc but they are really wonderful too.
πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ’

kohl Tue 19-Sep-17 01:14:18

Bloody well done OP! You can conquer the world. Enjoy every second of your graduation-you richly deserve to.starstar

ladyballs Tue 19-Sep-17 07:35:54

Congratulations OP, enjoy your day. starflowers

I graduated at 43 2 years ago. It's a wonderful feeling.

dudsville Tue 19-Sep-17 07:42:50

You are amazing!!!! You must have had such focus and perseverance to push forward through all those hurdles. I hope your graduation is a fabulous celebration of what you can do when you set your mind to it. And then I hope you get some rest!

Skittlesss Tue 19-Sep-17 07:44:02

Ok, you are soooo not unreasonable, lady! WELL DONE! To have completed your degree whilst all the things life has thrown at you is amazing!

Have a fantastic day and be so very proud of yourself. star

MrsHathaway Tue 19-Sep-17 08:00:25

Congratulations! Hope you are well rested and have a fabulous day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now