Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to tell you I'm going to graduate today?

(44 Posts)
Flipflopflipflap Tue 19-Sep-17 00:11:12

I don't want this to be a stealth boast or anything like that, but I am lying in bed like a little girl all overexcited. OH is out like a light and has had a virus all week, and I don't want to wake him up just for this (although he's been incredibly supportive over the three years we've been together and the five years we've been friends.)
I just feel so bloody proud of myself although I can't vocalise it in front of my friends as they're all graduates straight from school.
I just think the whole process was such a challenge for me, I'm normally much a defeatist and I encountered so much adversity over these last four years, from escaping an abysive partner, to having a friend murdered, to losing my grandad, being diagnosed with a physical disability, finding a new partner, sitting finals whilst pregnant with morning sickness, then losing a baby at 21w the day my final assignment was due.
I thought it would never end, and it's all over. I feel like I can take on the world.

If any of you lovely mymsnetters are contemplating a return to education I would say do it everyday. You'll be amazing

Thanks to anyone who read this. I just wanted to get it off my chest

Xxxxxxx

Pinkbedsheets Tue 19-Sep-17 00:12:37

Congratulations!flowers

SerfTerf Tue 19-Sep-17 00:12:45

Congratulations smilestar

ladybirdsarelovely33 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:13:04

Congratulations are in order!
Sorry to hear about everything you have been through.

Maya12 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:15:06

Well done! Hope you have a fab day!

ComingUpTrumps Tue 19-Sep-17 00:16:38

Well done!!! Huge congratulations smilestarcake xxxx

PitilessYank Tue 19-Sep-17 00:16:46

Good job!!

Flipflopflipflap Tue 19-Sep-17 00:17:37

Thank you all. It's just so exciting I feel like a kid at Christmas and I can start my dream career!!
I just wish I could sleep πŸ˜‚

hayli Tue 19-Sep-17 00:19:22

Oh congratulations! flowerssmile

IamaBluebird Tue 19-Sep-17 00:19:46

Hope you have a lovely day. Congratulationsflowers

LondonNicki Tue 19-Sep-17 00:22:32

Wow!! Amazing.. good for you... what an achievement !!

Enjoy feeling proud girl. You've earned it x

LondonNicki Tue 19-Sep-17 00:23:31

What's your next move?

Aquamarine1029 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:29:34

Well done and congratulations!! I know exactly how you feel. I finished my degree last month at the age of 44. It's never too late!

FadedRed Tue 19-Sep-17 00:32:21

Well done you! star πŸΎπŸ’πŸŽ“
Enjoy your day, you deserve it! And all the best for the new career!

NOW SWITCH OFF YOUR PHONE/iPAD/DEVICE AND GO TO SLEEP!!!
πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸŽπŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ«πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸπŸ‘ <<<some sheep to count (ignore the not-sheep)

NearLifeExperience Tue 19-Sep-17 00:32:36

Yay, go you! flowers

TiesThatBindMe Tue 19-Sep-17 00:35:32

Well done. What a fabulous achievement. Sending you sleep dust....

EloquentlyIneffable Tue 19-Sep-17 00:38:04

Congratulations! You deserve to feel so so proud! flowers

LellyMcKelly Tue 19-Sep-17 00:40:23

Huge congratulations! It is a great achievement. And it is just the start of your journey. You've overcome big challenges, worked hard, know a lot more about what you can do, and hopefully are a lot more confident in your talent and abilities. I absolutely love the words of Nadiya Hussein when she won Great British Bake Off.

"I’m never gonna put boundaries on myself ever again. I’m never gonna say I can’t do it. I’m never gonna say β€˜maybe’. I’m never gonna say, β€˜I don’t think I can.’ I can and I will."

And you will. You total star!

oldlaundbooth Tue 19-Sep-17 00:41:51

Done the business there op.

Now get to sleep you graduate, you! πŸ˜‡πŸ™‹

AuntyEstablishment Tue 19-Sep-17 00:48:37

YANBU to tell us. I'm genuinely happy for you. I hope you have a fantastic day. I know graduations are often a lot of standing around and listening to boring speeches etc etc but they are really wonderful too.
πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ’

kohl Tue 19-Sep-17 01:14:18

Bloody well done OP! You can conquer the world. Enjoy every second of your graduation-you richly deserve to.starstar

ladyballs Tue 19-Sep-17 07:35:54

Congratulations OP, enjoy your day. starflowers

I graduated at 43 2 years ago. It's a wonderful feeling.

dudsville Tue 19-Sep-17 07:42:50

You are amazing!!!! You must have had such focus and perseverance to push forward through all those hurdles. I hope your graduation is a fabulous celebration of what you can do when you set your mind to it. And then I hope you get some rest!

Skittlesss Tue 19-Sep-17 07:44:02

Ok, you are soooo not unreasonable, lady! WELL DONE! To have completed your degree whilst all the things life has thrown at you is amazing!

Have a fantastic day and be so very proud of yourself. star

MrsHathaway Tue 19-Sep-17 08:00:25

Congratulations! Hope you are well rested and have a fabulous day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now Β»

Already registered? Log in with: