Talk

Advanced search

To think it's OK to wear a Xmas jumper in September?

(15 Posts)
OwlKiss Wed 13-Sep-17 18:32:09

Not me grin but 10 year old DD.

She has been given a bag of hand me downs which included a Christmas jumper. She LOOVES it and has put it on every day after school.

DH says fair enough round the house but not out and about (we have a rule no dressing-up clothes outside the house) as it isn't even close to Christmas yet.

I think warm jumper, why shouldn't she wear it, it's not the same as dressing up (though admittedly it is v Christmassy).

Who is BU?

RoganJosh Wed 13-Sep-17 18:33:27

I'd think it's up to her.

RatOnnaStick Wed 13-Sep-17 18:33:28

Ds1 regularly wears his purple reindeer t-shirt so I say it's fine.

PeterBlue Wed 13-Sep-17 18:34:05

My vote is with DH. YABU. Keep. Christmas for December.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Wed 13-Sep-17 18:34:35

I'd let mine. But I live Christmas so might be a bit biased

ToTheCrystalDome Wed 13-Sep-17 18:34:38

My DD (7) is wearing hers right now!

ChippingInLovesWoollyHugs Wed 13-Sep-17 18:34:49

You. You're bonkers. Thank god for your DH! It's FAR too early for Christmas Jumpers.

🌲🎁🎅🏼

Fekko Wed 13-Sep-17 18:35:00

At 10, absolutely. At 45, never!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Wed 13-Sep-17 18:35:36

Oops live is meant to be love. But I live Xmas kind of makes sense too. smile

AllToadsLeadToHome Wed 13-Sep-17 18:36:25

I had a Christmassy jumper as an adult, I wore it throughout the cooler days because I liked it. If it is going to be a 'special jumper' for dressing up or just for Christmas it won't get much use which is a shame if it is a favourite so I would let her wear it, or compromise and make it indoors only until Christmas.

peachybeachy Wed 13-Sep-17 18:38:52

Thanks for reminding me. I need to get my son's one out. Not only will definitely not fit him by Christmas, it's a girls jumper, but he loves it sooo much.

Joinourclub Wed 13-Sep-17 18:40:32

At ten, no problem. But I wouldn't have a problem with dressing up clothes either.

OwlKiss Wed 13-Sep-17 18:45:09

Dressing up rule was mainly for safety/practicality reasons - which obviously don't apply to jumpers anyway!

More votes for wearing it so far - may smugly show DH this thread later.

FrogFairy Wed 13-Sep-17 19:13:22

Let her enjoy wearing it and tell Scrooge DH to chill.

Leeds2 Wed 13-Sep-17 19:23:00

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing the jumper, as such, but I wouldn't have let my own DD wear it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: