Talk

Advanced search

AIBU, is this normal or Eeeewwww!?

(98 Posts)
FaveNumberIs2 Mon 21-Aug-17 09:54:59

My hubs does this, my son (mid teens) does this, but as I was making a cuppa the other day and staring out the kitchen window, I also saw a roofer on the building site next door doing this too, and he was with two other male roofers ...

What do they all do? they shove their hands down their pants and rearrange their 'junk', yes, down the front! Not through the pockets!

To be fair, I've only seen hubs and son do this in the privacy of our home, but (for some unknown reason) I could not take my eyes off the roofer while he was doing it, more than once, on the roof, in front of two other roofer blokes .... that was, until the guy then tried to look like he was scratching his nose but really he was sniffing his fingers.

That's when I could watch no longer.

Am I the only one who finds this a disgusting habit? I mean, would it really be acceptable for me to be walking down the fridge aisle in Tesco one day and stop for a min to shove my hands down my pants to rearrange my flaps and re-position my panty liner, which has somehow caught half my bush in it?

Guys, do it in private, please?

PsychoPumpkin Mon 21-Aug-17 09:57:52

Rearrange your flaps 😂

Writermom22 Mon 21-Aug-17 09:58:41

confusedgringrin

LurkingHusband Mon 21-Aug-17 10:00:09

YABVU.

"Hubs" ...

FaveNumberIs2 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:01:00

@LurkingHusband which bit?smile

tccat Mon 21-Aug-17 10:01:12

Aah the lovely pocket billiards, disgusting habit , I have five sons , I'll say no more..🎱

Dina1234 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:01:27

confused

aprilanne Mon 21-Aug-17 10:02:13

haha loved the bit about the flaps ..i have 3 sons and i am always getting on to them i think its just a man thing unfortunately .but yes it is disgusting

Rinkydinkypink Mon 21-Aug-17 10:03:08

Yanbu op. It's vile

Mrscropley Mon 21-Aug-17 10:03:25

8x ds and even the 3yo has discovered he can move his marbles around!!

LurkingHusband Mon 21-Aug-17 10:04:48

The word "Hubs" is unreasonable enough ... Maybe not warranting the death penalty, but certainly loss of biscuit privileges ....

Namethecat Mon 21-Aug-17 10:05:08

Work in a male prison 650 men .I'll leave it there.

RockyBird Mon 21-Aug-17 10:07:04

It's disturbing how often I witness this in the street. I look them in the eye and do my best "eugh" face when it happens near me.

I've never seen DH doing it. He obviously manages to keep his junk perfectly arranged throughout the day (I don't know, I don't like to think about it too much grin). No sons.

emilybrontescorset Mon 21-Aug-17 10:12:02

Yanbu.

MongerTruffle Mon 21-Aug-17 10:12:07

Hubs?!

WhooooAmI24601 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:13:50

I've never seen DH do this; his Mum would presumably have set fire to him if he'd done it as a child because she's a prude.

DS1 and DS2 love a little play and I regularly have to shout "wash your hands, savages" at them in the middle of days out because they've popped their hands down their pants to check all is as it should be. Revolting.

WorldWideWanderer Mon 21-Aug-17 10:14:55

To be honest, this is normal bloke. I work in a boys' school and you'd be surprised how often they walk round with their hands down their pants. Shy teenage boys do it most when they are nervous and worried, they just automatically grab their bits and hold onto them. I've seen it so often I no longer find it surprising....nor the fact that older men will think nothing of rearranging their bits when necessary....

Just life really. If we didn't attach so many negatives to certain body parts it would be no more shocking than, say, tucking hair back behind the ears.....

FaveNumberIs2 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:15:57

I'm glad it's not just me who finds it a bit eeeewww.

On a couple of occasions I've said to DH, "how would you feel if I did that?" But his reply is always "I wouldn't mind at all," with a dirty grin on his face.

@LurkingHusband I've used DH in this one just so I can have my biscuits back!

Through clothing, even in pockets is not too bad, it's the shoving down and jangle/sniff that makes me queasy.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 21-Aug-17 10:17:53

I've got three young adult ds's and a husband.

.I've not ever noticed any of them rearranging their stuff.

Redsrule Mon 21-Aug-17 10:17:58

As a teacher I often suggest boys keep the pen they have borrowed!

Mummaofboys Mon 21-Aug-17 10:18:09

My husband and boys do this but yes in the privacy of our home, if they did this in public they probably know I'd make such a fuss and embarrass them they wouldn't dare lol.

NouveauBitch Mon 21-Aug-17 10:20:26

Surely your DH and DS doing it at home is still grim because then they touch other stuff with penis-y hands.

I'd never seen it before my sister's boyfriend did it in our house. I wanted to follow him round with the dettol. Why would I want his groin germs on my table, door handles, sofa etc. I cleaned like I'd never cleaned before after the dirty bastard left and he's not been back.

LurkingHusband Mon 21-Aug-17 10:28:41

LurkingHusband I've used DH in this one just so I can have my biscuits back!

hmm

You're on report ...

TenForward82 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:31:44

My DH does this, including the sniff. Weird.

mummmy2017 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:32:57

Your so nasty to me. I have never thought about this and today will be in a busy town, I know my own mind far to much and will now be on a head count to see how many times this happens...

When I got up today Marble Moving was not how I expected this day to go...... LOL.... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now