Talk

Advanced search

Tights

(22 Posts)
Kitten1990 Fri 18-Aug-17 16:23:58

My mum made me wear shear tights everyday growing up and I got use to them. I now wear them everyday with dresses and even shorts. Does anyone else? I feel naked if I don't.

KurriKurri Fri 18-Aug-17 16:28:30

Tights with shorts ? - no I would think that defeated the purpose of shorts.

I rarely wear tights, I think they are a do it yourself thrush kit.

FatBottomedGal Fri 18-Aug-17 16:36:34

Do you mean black or skin coloured tights?

LassWiTheDelicateAir Fri 18-Aug-17 16:36:45

I don't wear shorts. I never wear trousers and unless it is very hot always wear tights- sheer in summer , opaque in winter.

So far as shorts I think shorts with thick opaque tights look great, although not for me.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Fri 18-Aug-17 16:39:14

Do you mean black or skin coloured tights?

Depending on the colour of dress I wear 10 denier black or navy if they suit the dress , otherwise skin coloured. In winter I have opaques in loads of colours and patterns.

Kitten1990 Sat 19-Aug-17 03:07:08

I wear skin color. Thick ones remind me of little kids but I would like to try some color ones like red.

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 19-Aug-17 03:11:37

Rarely wear tights in the summer, they're for keeping your legs warm in the winter! Love coloured and thick woolly tights at that time of year...

RedBullBlood Sat 19-Aug-17 03:13:06

Haven't worn tights in years. Back in the 80's I had a temp job where women were required to wear tights with skirts or dresses, bare legs were a no-no. I rarely wear dresses these days but if I do I'd either go bare legged or wear leggings with it.

theaveragewife Sat 19-Aug-17 04:15:42

Tights October - April for me, other than that some everyday gradual tan and good exfoliation!

TheClaws Sat 19-Aug-17 04:25:28

The hint is in the name - tights. They're tight and uncomfortable and yes, a recipe for thrush as they make everything warmish. Whoever thought up the idea of tights/pantyhose/etc should answer for their crimes. grin

PrincessPlod Sat 19-Aug-17 04:28:41

Sheer tights in black or navy! That's something my grandma wears. I only wear tights in summer for job interviews or events such as weddings when I'm wearing shoes in winter I always wear opaque tights.

StrawberrySquash Sat 19-Aug-17 10:05:49

My legs look better in tights and the chub rub is lessened. So I generally wear them unless it's boiling.

Fluffyears Sat 19-Aug-17 10:17:36

My mum wears sheer tights every single day and she always wears trousers with them confused

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sat 19-Aug-17 10:24:55

The hint is in the name - tights. They're tight and uncomfortable and yes, a recipe for thrush as they make everything warmish

Bit like jeans then? only time I've ever had thrush was when I used to wear jeans and trousers.

Sheer tights in black or navy! That's something my grandma wears What a strange comment. Possibly you mean your grandmother is stylish and elegant (although I doubt it)

Here's a few pictures - (maybe you don't get out much)

caffeinestream Sat 19-Aug-17 10:30:46

I hate tights! They never sit right and I'm always having to hoik them up - plus I can never seem to go a day without ripping them!

insancerre Sat 19-Aug-17 10:32:32

Ooh, the second thread about tights
(Is he back?)

WatchingFromTheWings Sat 19-Aug-17 10:40:13

My mum wears them 365 days a year even with trousers! Don't think she even owns a pair of socks!

I wear them in summer with a short dress if it's not too hot (not much danger of that at the mo!!) as my legs do look better in tights. But with shorts....that's a bit weird tbh.

TeachesOfPeaches Sat 19-Aug-17 10:44:43

I don't think bare legs are appropriate with office attire so tights should always be worn. Different with weekend summer dresses.

littlemisssweetness Sat 19-Aug-17 13:27:40

I wear them 99% of the time and have for years only ever had thrush once!

princesseggo Sat 19-Aug-17 13:37:40

I wear tights 90% of the time. I'm definitely not confident enough to have my legs out fully but hate wearing trousers. 40 denier in winter and 10-15 denier in summer

volovont Sat 19-Aug-17 13:39:46

Insancerre - thanks was about to post. How grim.

AlmostAJillSandwich Sat 19-Aug-17 13:47:37

I cant stand socks let alone tights! Last time i wore tigbts i was 11 or 12 in my first year of highschool when it was too cold not to wear them with a skirt in winter. I hated skirts too and quickly switched to trousers only.
They itch, the body part rolls/slips down pulling knickers with it or giving you MC hammer type crotch, they make your bum sweaty as theyre not breatheable, they bunch up at the toes and the toe seams feel horrible, and they seem to twist to one side round your legs with a weird pulling feeling. And they feel slippy inside your shoes.

I cant stand socks either for the same applicable reasons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now