Talk

Advanced search

To keep my kids in after school club

(11 Posts)
sunchild77 Fri 18-Aug-17 16:12:41

We annoyingly have half a school day on a friday up here in Scotland. Kids went back to school for the new school year on wednesday. I have the afterschool club for my child care on a friday, even though I don't need it every week. I am a nurse who works full time shifts. I happen to be rostered off today, but bad mum here let them go to the club as I wanted to meet my friend for lunch, and plus its chucking it down outside, and I couldnt face them being stuck in the house for the afternoon fighting and whinging.
My mum thinks Im being very unreasonable and should be full of the joys to have them for the afternoon. But after 7 weeks of them being at home, I am enjoying the peace....
Thoughts?? :D

mumeeee Fri 18-Aug-17 16:15:33

I would have done the same as you

HelsinkiLights Fri 18-Aug-17 16:16:30

YANBU.
Your DM is being unreasonable.
I gather from your post that your kids wanted to go to the club & you weren't forcing them.

MyheartbelongstoG Fri 18-Aug-17 16:16:53

Yep, I'd do the same op. Hope you enjoyed your peace and quiet.

WindwardCircle Fri 18-Aug-17 16:20:10

There's nothing remotely unreasonable about keeping your kids in after school club, and I bet your mum would have done exactly the same when you were small.

Notreallyarsed Fri 18-Aug-17 16:21:10

I'd have done the same as you OP.

whyareusernamessodifficult Fri 18-Aug-17 16:26:31

Definitely NBU
They probably had more fun at the club than they would've cooped up in the house bored.

BattleaxeGalactica Fri 18-Aug-17 16:29:03

Is DM offering to have the joy all to herself so they don't have to go?

No? She can shut up then.

Enjoy your afternoon smile

sunchild77 Fri 18-Aug-17 17:28:58

Ahhh I love Mumsnet!
I had a great afternoon!

littlemisssweetness Fri 18-Aug-17 17:33:25

I'm guessing you have to pay for it either way anyway? But totally reasonable I'd do the same thing 😂

Love51 Fri 18-Aug-17 17:34:18

It's no different to using nursery hours when you aren't at work that day when they are tiny. If you don't have people clamoring to care for them whenever you want, it really helps maternal mental health.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now