Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I know IABU really just need a slap

(8 Posts)
Doesitgoto11 Fri 18-Aug-17 09:53:51

So I've recently moved for work about 4 hours from where I lived before. DP has solid ties in my old area so can't move and besides we've not been together longer than a few months.

Anyway, he's been down to stay for a few days and it's actually starting to irritate me shock I've been at work all week and have been coming home to stuff having been moved, furniture rearranged, boxes unpacked and all sorts.

I know IABU because he's just trying to be helpful but it's my house and my home, I want stuff to be where I put it and to unpack my stuff as and when I choose to sad

I've asked him to stop but he's just not hearing me sad

EezerGoode Fri 18-Aug-17 09:56:09

So he can't move away .and you've moved 4 hours away from him...how will that work long term? Or as he's irritating you ,is that the plan so it dosnt work long term?

Doesitgoto11 Fri 18-Aug-17 10:00:38

I think it's just irritating me because I'm a bit set in my ways and do like my own space and just for my stuff to be left alone where I put it not where he thinks it should be.

We have talked about making it work longer term and do have plans in place.

Luncharmstrong Fri 18-Aug-17 10:11:43

He needs a slap , not you

thecatsthecats Fri 18-Aug-17 14:31:14

Furniture being rearranged would bug me. YANBU there. My FIL took it upon himself to start moving things around, then got shitty with MIL and me saying we'd 'done nothing', when actually we'd had to rearrange what he'd done (which was bonkers - tv in the kitchen between steamy kettle and steamy coffee maker, instead of in the middle bit where it could be seen from all angles).

ImperialBlether Fri 18-Aug-17 14:32:27

So you've only been together a few months and he's moving in?

Are you MAD?

Doesitgoto11 Fri 18-Aug-17 14:42:52

As per my OP he's not moving in just visiting for a few days

Trills Fri 18-Aug-17 14:43:41

YANBU to expect him to pay attention when you say "please don't do that".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now