Talk

Advanced search

Need stroller advice asap

(17 Posts)
MissKST Sun 13-Aug-17 02:09:48

So I'm reallly sorry to post here as it isn't an 'AIBU'but I really need advice, I have a 3yr old DD who has a mild disability therefore cannot walk far, her stroller has just broken behind repair and we go away in a mini break on Wednesday! I need recommendations on a sturdy stroller that will take toddler (she isn't huge but 100% too big to carry as much as she'd need me to) but isn't going to leave me raiding the holiday funds confused

PrincessPeach08 Sun 13-Aug-17 02:20:48

I have just bought the joie nitro stroller from argos for my new 18 month old for going on holiday. I didn't want to spend a lot as apart from holiday we don't have much use for It, It was £60 and seems really sturdy. Haven't used it properly yet but for the price it seems quite good

PrincessPeach08 Sun 13-Aug-17 02:22:38

Not my 'new' 18 month old don't know why that appeared!

MissKST Sun 13-Aug-17 02:36:29

Thank you Princess I will have a look at the weight limit etc for that one, I've looked at so many and I can't with her until morning, panicking that I won't find one in time that she will fit in and is in my price range! Thanks again

Theycalledmethewildrose Sun 13-Aug-17 02:48:19

I'd buy a trusty Maclaren. You can find them second hand on the internet and because they are sturdy well built buggies, you will probably get a better buggy than buying a lower quality one new.

Eleventybillionfucks Sun 13-Aug-17 03:14:49

The Chicco Liteway is a good sturdy pram i had onefor DS till he was 4 and a half because he had hip problems

Eleventybillionfucks Sun 13-Aug-17 03:16:15

Multiway Evo its called now apparently they've changed its name

Qwerty8888 Sun 13-Aug-17 03:16:27

I'm looking for a stroller too. The silvercross Pop has the highest weight limit I have found so far, 25kg. It's on sale in mothercare atm too.

StillinMyPJs Sun 13-Aug-17 03:28:18

I have three kids who all have physical disabilities and the best pram I have ever bought is the Baby Jogger Citi Mini. It's not cheap but has a high weight limit and the highest head height I've been able to find. My 8 year old fits in it and the canopy is great for shade. The double has lasted us 4 years. It's about to fall apart now but my twins are 5 and weigh 20 kgs each. It also folds so easily. I really need to replace it but I need something bigger and I'm probably going to have to go for a bike trailer that converts into a stroller. (That's also a good idea for you. It'll last ages and if you're lucky you can pick a cheap one up off gumtree.)

The baby jogger will last you a long time. The Maclarens are good and have a decent weight limit but the seats got too small once my oldest was about 5years old.

Good luck!

StillinMyPJs Sun 13-Aug-17 03:30:30

I forgot the link. babyjogger.co.uk/product/city-mini-gt/

MissKST Sun 13-Aug-17 03:32:47

Thank you all the the replies, I've watched so many reviews and compared so many I started panicking! Will look at some that have been suggested, I don't mind spending more to get a better product at all, thank you all again!

TheReferoo Sun 13-Aug-17 03:55:09

I've also got the sliver cross pop and my 6 year old was comfortably sitting in it today with his little brother on his lap as he got tired when we were out! It also has a massive hood which for me is a must for keeping the sun out of their faces. The clip on the strap is really fiddly though.

PartOstrich Sun 13-Aug-17 09:06:57

OP please can I hijack this thread..?

I also have a 3yr old DC in the same situation who can't walk far. But I also have a baby. So I need exactly what the OP does, but a double buggy - preferably one that takes a car seat.

Suggestions appreciated! Thanks in advance.

MissKST Sun 13-Aug-17 10:50:21

Of course! I hope you get some answers! I decided to go for the silver cross pop!

SleepyHeadThisTime Sun 13-Aug-17 10:52:52

Silver cross pop is great - try looking on the Facebook marketplace for a second hand one

Letstryagainshallwe Sun 13-Aug-17 10:54:21

If it's just walking PartOstrich can you just get a buggy board?? Or even a buggy board with the seat??

PartOstrich Sun 13-Aug-17 11:46:24

We have a Lascal board which is fine, but sadly on a bad day the board isn't good enough for a decent length walk.
Wondering if the double version of the Mini city GT would be worth trying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now