Talk

Advanced search

Should I be charged?

(4 Posts)
PandaFalls Wed 12-Jul-17 09:39:51

My childminder told me a couple of weeks ago that she wouldn't be able to work today due to an appointment so I have arranged for DM to come and watch DD.

Last night CM text to say she can have DD after all, I say thanks but I've already made alternative arrangements.

Usually if DD doesn't go, I'm still charged but should I be charged this time as she had originally said she couldn't do it? Thanks.

NancyDonahue Wed 12-Jul-17 09:42:02

Depends on your contract?

Generally..

Childminder ill, holiday, day off - no charge.

Child ill, holiday, day off - charge.

AvoidingCallenetics Wed 12-Jul-17 09:42:02

I wouldn't pay. She cancelled, not you. She can hardly hold it againsy you that you made alternative arrangements. It doesn't matter that she can now look after dc, the time was already cancelled.

AngeloftheSouth84 Wed 12-Jul-17 09:43:17

Well, no she shouldn't be charging you. Unless she has made arrangements to cover herself, but if she has expected you to make your own arrangements then she shouldn't be charging you. In fact, unless there is a clause in the contract between you and her allowing her to give a certain amount of notice, then she should be offering you compensation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now