Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Letting the dog yap...

(6 Posts)
GaynorGoodwin Mon 10-Jul-17 19:41:27

I'm effing furious and this is why....I came home from work today feeling bit crap, sore throats and generally unwell. DH had been working from home since about lunch time, house bit untidy but I let it be. Had tea then told gimme I was off for a bath and a chill out. The minute I got in the bath he'd let Harley out the back door and into the garden and since we back onto a walk way (folk walking by, etc) the dog thinks he's on some sort of patrol and starts making a silly gruff yapping sounds which steadily get louder....and more frequent as people walk by. DH knows full bloody well I don't like this and certainly don't leave him out there for 20 minutes on full yap!

I am being unreasonable but I jumped out of the bath and ran downstairs (dressing gown on) shouted the dog and brought him in myself.

Me and DH not speaking (after what I called him) serves the tossed right!

ElBandito Mon 10-Jul-17 19:45:48

YANBU and I expect your neighbours agree with you!

StupidSlimyGit Mon 10-Jul-17 19:47:46

YANBU, but you might want to ask MNHQ to remove your dogs name from the post.

Aquamarine1029 Mon 10-Jul-17 19:49:03

I'm surprised your neighbours didn't complain before you did! A constantly yapping dog is so annoying, and I have a dog and love them! Your husband was being very rude.

GaynorGoodwin Mon 10-Jul-17 19:52:29

@Stupidslimygit; Why?

GaynorGoodwin Mon 10-Jul-17 19:53:33

@Aqua; oh I've given him a piece of my mind, he won't be doing it again any time soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now