Talk

Advanced search

SATS are really hard!

(12 Posts)
Happyhappyveggie Mon 10-Jul-17 18:36:12

I have a degree in English and I just tried a sample SATS literacy test and got 4/10 shock

Aibu to be really shocked at how hard year 6 tests are or am I just old and not up to date!

WombatStewForTea Mon 10-Jul-17 18:41:40

The marking of them makes it even worse. Lots of unhappy teachers at the moment now we've had access to the scripts and found how ridiculously harsh the marking is e.g. placing a semicolon in the correct place which should get the mark, but not being given it because it isn't exactly the right size!
angry

Happyhappyveggie Mon 10-Jul-17 18:42:46

It's made me feel a bit sick to be honest- I didn't understand a lot of the questions shock

SaltyMyDear Mon 10-Jul-17 18:43:17

Partly you're just not up to date. For some unknown reason they've changed lots of the terminology.

EsmeMargaretNoteSpelling Mon 10-Jul-17 18:51:39

Yes it is hard. My year 6s have worked their backsides off this year and I can't wait to give them their reports on Friday and they can see how well they have done!

JustArandomUser Mon 10-Jul-17 18:57:17

Do all the results come out at the same time? My eldest had his report back last week, no word on SATs results though?

Allthebestnamesareused Mon 10-Jul-17 19:09:56

The kids have all been taught to the test so it won't seem as hard for them as it for us mere mortals!

Piratefairy78 Mon 10-Jul-17 19:10:29

Our school received the results last Tuesday afternoon. Results were sent out with reports the next day.

youaredeluded Mon 10-Jul-17 19:18:50

Wow. So glad our kids don't have to be put through all this. Sounds a horrendous waste of time.

WombatStewForTea Mon 10-Jul-17 20:54:56

All schools received the data last Tuesday. Not all schools will release it to parents at the same time. We have ours out on the Wednesday.

listsandbudgets Mon 10-Jul-17 21:03:32

Sound awful. DD is at an independent and thankfully although there are high expectations amd a lot of ongoing assessment there are no SATS.

I hope those DCs who've done them get the best results they can, it sounds like they must have worked very hard.

BrieOnAnOatcake Mon 10-Jul-17 21:05:25

if I had the money Sats would be a reason for us to go private.

I wanted to homeschool year 6 and maybe travel a bit but offspring wants to do year 6.

They're trained all year in test taking sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now