Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed?

(4 Posts)
Picklesandpies Sun 09-Jul-17 00:08:29

Just watching 'Little Fockers' with DH - the bit where Jack and Greg have a fight in the ball pool at the twins party. DH then asked me whether I know where the music is from when they do a parody of 'Jaws' with the very well known music (duh duh...duh duh...duh duh etc) I mean - honestly does he think I've been living under a rock for the last 33 years? It was before my time, granted - but honestly? Is there anyone our age who doesn't know where that music is from? It was released two years before DH was even born! I expressed my surprise at being asked and he said 'well you haven't watched many films' - admittedly I'm not a film buff but I've seen enough!

Not obviously a big deal but was just perplexed and slightly irritated he thought I might not know it!

TheFifthKey Sun 09-Jul-17 00:10:02

I gave some 11-year-olds a little section from the opening of the novel of Jaws to look at the other day, without saying where it was from, and lots of them guessed. It's well known!

peekyboo Sun 09-Jul-17 00:11:22

You're irritated because he asked you the sort of question you'd ask a 9 year old! And maybe he treats you as if you're very young in small ways so this was one time too often?

Picklesandpies Sun 09-Jul-17 00:14:51

He doesn't treat me in any way but with respect 99.9% of the time (0.1% is just him being human smile) - he always treats me as an equal. I did feel irritated though as it made me think he must think I'm a bit ignorant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now