Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your strange but brilliant unexpected moments?

(16 Posts)
FenellaMaxwellsPony Fri 07-Jul-17 22:47:43

Long day with a furious, teething baby, and just popped out to take the dog for a walk and was feeling a bit like I am making a pig's ear of this parenting business.

I live in a student town, and a rather tipsy, grungy boy of about 19 just walked past me, in the middle of the road.....

and stopped about 20 metres up the street to dance ballet, drunkenly but absolutely beautifully.

It's a very odd thing to see outside my front door whilst walking the dog in my pjs but it's brightened my night no end. Both because it was wonderful and because it was so odd!

I have a sleepless night of screamy teething ahead so AIBU to ask for your WTF but lovely moments to keep me going?

MumsOnCrack Fri 07-Jul-17 22:53:52

My boss asked me to come and see him about my hours. I was working ft but working one day a week from home. I went in and he asked how it was going.

I absolutely shit myself thinking he would say it wasn't working. He says, "Well, if you want to work from home two days a week, that's fine."

WTAF?!???

troodiedoo Fri 07-Jul-17 22:58:58

A family member works for a luxury car brand. Occasionally gets to borrow them to test long distance. Once came to visit us, and happened to drive past when two brash banker types were waiting for the cash machine outside the co op. I was nipping in to buy milk looking scruffy and probably smelled a bit too. They eye me with disdain and point and stare at posh car. Which then beeps and waves at me. Shallow I know but it was one of the best days of my life.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Fri 07-Jul-17 22:59:43

I was working at a Take That gig and had awful PMT. I dramatically flung open the door to the office to flounce off to the loo after getting grumpy with a colleague, and heard a crash and a "for fucks sake". Turns out Howard Donald had been practicing his unicycling in the corridor outside the office and I had opened the door in his face at speed. He saw the funny side of it though but it has to be one of the most surreal moments.

Justhadmyhaircut Fri 07-Jul-17 23:04:22

At a friend's as a teen. . Caught her df ironing in his budgie smugglers - ironing his cash!! confused

ollieplimsoles Fri 07-Jul-17 23:05:32

I sent my art work samples to a total unknown stranger on twitter who just asked for them if i wanted to be a full time illustrator. I didnt know who this was or what they would do, but i just thought 'what the hell?'
A few days later I woke up to an email from an agency offering to rep me, in disbelief i accepted and I'm now a fulk time illustrator..

I have no idea to this day, who the guy was and why he wanted to just randomly helped me but it really changed my life.

FenellaMaxwellsPony Fri 07-Jul-17 23:06:56

Mums hurrah!! Hope you said yes!

troodie brilliant! grin

Andnone ok you win this thread.....

Justhad what..... why....: but.... no, actually don't tell me - I'm afraid to ask!!!

DollyPartonsBeard Fri 07-Jul-17 23:09:34

Money has been tight for us and I'd been covering a pair of Air Max trainers that were about £90 and totally out of the question. I went into a charity shop a fortnight ago and found the exact pair, in my size and barely worn for three quid! (They're synthetic/ shiny nylon so went straight in the washing machine and came out looking like new)

DollyPartonsBeard Fri 07-Jul-17 23:10:28

*coveting. No idea why anyone would cover a pair of trainers grin

tigercub50 Fri 07-Jul-17 23:15:10

We are downsizing & today went to look at a semi just down the road, in a small cul de sac I had previously dismissed. The house looked lovely on the internet. As soon as I walked in, I fell in love with it & could easily imagine us living there. DH pretty much felt the same. It's modern but with a cottagey feel, would only need cosmetic stuff doing & basically has everything we need. I actually got teary looking round. Later, we got a call from the estate agent & she told us that she hadn't wanted to say anything before in case we felt any pressure but the owner ( who we already knew is looking to upsize) has said that her ideal house is a 4 bedroom detached on our current estate! Guess what our house is?! The agent is doing a valuation on Thursday & it's very likely that the owner will view on Friday! We think their property is priced a bit high at the mo & of course it depends if the other couple like our place & what offer they make but EEK!! Exciting! Also if the EA handle both properties, we could end up paying 1% instead of 1.5% fees 😃

Toniandgit Fri 07-Jul-17 23:15:19

My DM knitted a beautiful, intricate blanket in very fine wool for DD when she was born. It didn't normally leave the house but one morning when I was late for an appointment and couldn't lay my hand on an 'everyday' blanket I took the special one out in the pram. It somehow fell out and despite me retracing my steps and asking everyone, I couldn't find it and was absolutely devastated. Nearly a year later DM was in a charity shop and you can guess what she found! I think she was mildly insulted that it was only priced at 50p grin but we were so delighted to get it back!

MumsOnCrack Fri 07-Jul-17 23:22:32

Hell yes I said yeah!

RubaDubMum89 Fri 07-Jul-17 23:30:48

A couple of years ago, I put my hand out to receive something being passed to me (hand flat, palm up) and a bird shit in my palm... gringringrin

seven201 Fri 07-Jul-17 23:36:18

It's not really that strange or big but it makes me so happy when I think about it. I bought a new kindle and after two weeks put it through a wash with our bedding. Took it apart (so many tiny tiny screws), dried it but still didn't work. Decided to ask amazon if they would give me a discount on a replacement for being such a twat, fully expecting a no or tiny discount, but they offered me a free replacement! Makes me so happy.

I love seeing random people dancing while waiting for their bus etc. Always makes me smile.

NuffSaidSam Fri 07-Jul-17 23:48:13

Love that one ollie!

Seren85 Fri 07-Jul-17 23:56:28

Not super exciting but years ago now DH and I used to go to a rock club most weekends. We arranged to meet up with a friend one Saturday night despite originally saying we weren't going out. We turned up and my favourite band (the band who sing "our" song) were doing a meet and greet. They weren't gigging, the club never had meet and greets or appearances and we weren't even supposed to go out. It is one of my favourite memories. I got a bit over awed and acted like an idiot and the guitarist asked DH if he was with me. DH replied that he'd never seen me before in his life! It came up in the wedding speeches. And this is totally outing as everyone I know had heard this tale!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now