Talk

Advanced search

To wonder where my period is?

(7 Posts)
Alpinebetony9911 Fri 07-Jul-17 19:17:06

Hi everyone,
I have been reading and lurking on mn for few months now and find the information really helpful and have joined for some of your useful advice.

Myself and husband have been considering starting a family (married 5 years). I came off the pill in Jan and since then we still haven't been ready to fully commit to making babies so we haven't been using protection but he has been pulling out (sorry if too much information!)

My last period was 15th may lasting about 4/5 days. Since then I have had nothing..... 4 pregnancy tests have been negative!

Is it just late? Could I be pregnant and it's just not showing on a test? Should I visit the gp? And if so how long should I just leave it?

I hope you guys can help me, thank you in advance x x

SpicyBeanzy Fri 07-Jul-17 19:21:13

Well I think if it's been regular since you came off the pill (for the last 6mths), and it's suddenly gone I'd probably call GP to be on safe side. It does seem like quite a long time.

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 07-Jul-17 19:23:19

If you have missed two full cycles, it may be worth a trip to the doctor.

Has anything happened in the last few months? Severe stress, diet change, sudden weight gain/loss, noticeable tiredness, etc?

Alpinebetony9911 Fri 07-Jul-17 19:37:37

I overhauled my diet in Jan and have been waking very balanced meals since Jan as well as running 3 times a week (I used to be somewhat of a sugar monster) I have been gradually looking weight maybe 2kg or less a month and lost just over a stone since Jan, so nothing rapid. I'm quite petite but I wouldn't say underweight (bmi in normal range) and have been the same weight for the last month or so.

I have been feeling really tired recently but put it down to the heat and a busy life generally. Not any more stressed than normal.

Alpinebetony9911 Fri 07-Jul-17 19:39:59

Sorry autocorrect - Making very balanced meals and gradually losing weight, sorry!

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 07-Jul-17 19:48:09

I wouldn't be too concerned yet, the running may have given your body some 'shake up', it's not that unusual to miss one period (though worrying if not trying and false hope when you are!).

Either way, since you've changed your diet, I'd ask for a blood test anyway- you may be missing 'something' in terms of vitamins. Never hurts to have a body mot done every so often - bloods, BP, weight etc. Also, if you're trying for a baby, don't forget to start taking folic acid now (I actually started on vit D and folic acid ones).

Alpinebetony9911 Fri 07-Jul-17 20:34:01

Thank you.

I might book an appointment next week (If I can get one!!) As you say it won't hurt to have a bit of a check up.

I was going to head to town this weekend to get some vitamins and folic acid, I already take vitamins but I think i need to change them because they are just normal ones and from what I have read I should take ones with a lower vitamin a confused this is all new to me!

We have decided to start trying properly from next month so I'm just getting inpatient now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now