Talk

Advanced search

To attend first day of Baby Course

(6 Posts)
RadioGaGoo Fri 07-Jul-17 08:34:34

My DS is three months and has developed a snotty nose and cough overnight. However, he slept well (just noisily) and is alert and smiling regardless. I am keeping him well hydrated and have used a very small amount of baby menthol on his chest which appears to be giving some relief.

We are due to attend the first day of a weekly baby course today, one I have prepaid. Should I still go? It involves a 40 minute walk to the venue, although I do have the option of taking a bus, but I am mainly worried about what effect attending might have on both my DS and other babies in attendance. This is the first cold we have encountered, so not sure how to play it. Thanks for any advice!

Gunpowder Fri 07-Jul-17 08:36:55

I think as long as they don't have d&v or a fever you can still take them. DC that have older siblings get colds by the minutes, if you stayed at home every time they were snotty you would never go out!

ChilliMum Fri 07-Jul-17 08:42:43

Agree with gunpowder, fevers and d&v stay at home anything else just go babies are often snuffly especially once they start teething, you will never leave the house.
For a stuffy nose I used to putting them in the bouncy chair in the bathroom while I had a long steamy shower worked wonders.
Enjoy your day out smile

NicolasFlamel Fri 07-Jul-17 08:43:13

Yeah you'd be housebound if you stayed in every time they got a cold. My little girl is two and has had a snotty nose for pretty much 70% of her life because her brother brings all the grotty germs home from preschool.
Go go go!

n0rtherrn Fri 07-Jul-17 08:43:16

I always go ahead with plans unless there is a high temperature/fever, vomiting or diarrhoea.

You would never leave the house if you cancelled every time the baby has cold symptoms.

RadioGaGoo Fri 07-Jul-17 08:54:35

Thank you all so much for responding - no temperature or D & V, so I now feel far more confident in going out. I wanted to avoid another mother chastising me for attending with a snuffly baby. Great idea with the shower!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now