Talk

Advanced search

£1000000 on another buggy

(19 Posts)
Christinedonna Wed 05-Jul-17 23:08:35

Sorry I didn't know where else to post. Recently found out I'm pregnant, already have a 10mo DD. She'll be 18months one this one arrives and I don't know what to do about a buggy. We have a silver cross wayferer which is only one seat and can not be added to. Others have suggested il be able to manage with newborn in a sling or DD on a buggy board?? (Can't think of the name. A board you attach to the buggy for them to stand on which now I mention it I didn't even know is compatible with my buggy). I do want to carry this one in a sling but not sure how convenient that will be for days out. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a double buggy? I don't want to as I love DDs buggy and it was £800 but would be worth nothing to resell, am I really going to have to fork out stupid money for an unattractive new buggy that probably won't even fit in my car?

Tapandgo Wed 05-Jul-17 23:25:53

My two were 14 months apart and managed with the same pram. Used a sling briefly, then oldest stood on cross bar of pram. (Didn't gave the fancy gadgets to attach then).
(£800 for a pram though - wow)

MrsHathaway Wed 05-Jul-17 23:27:10

Phil & Teds is the way forward. Stylish - lovely colours - and available second hand. Also useable as a single unlike side-by-side tanks.

People do manage without a double but they're very useful if the older child still naps - which I hope DD still will otherwise you'll be on your knees!

Best of luck.

MrsHathaway Wed 05-Jul-17 23:37:26

BTW a quick look on eBay for selling your Silver Cross and buying a fully kitted out P&T second hand still leaves you in profit. You won't get £800 back obviously but you might get £150-200 and then pick up a P&T for £100.

Notso Wed 05-Jul-17 23:37:49

Mine were 16 months apart, I found sling and single pram were OK for very short trips but I couldn't have done without a double for most of the time. My toddler was not the kind to happily plod along holding hands though, he wanted to run everywhere and would just leap off the buggy board.
I wouldn't recommend a Phil and teds though, my sister has one and it's really horrible to push, the top seat is tiny too my nephew looks like he is balancing in top of it. My sister hates it.
I'd get an out n about nipper double, they are so light to push and really cheap second hand.

Rollercoaster1920 Wed 05-Jul-17 23:48:54

"out n about nipper double, they are so light to push and really cheap second hand."

Seconded. Best thing we did. Easier to push than a bugaboo cameleon. Beware older models were slightly wider and may not go through the front door

Kittykatmacbill Wed 05-Jul-17 23:50:25

Mine were 19 months apart, genuinely loved our double buggy definitely wouldn't have left the house without it... get yourself a second hand mountain buggy or out and about.

Congrats btw having close together ones is awesome!

rosalee15 Thu 06-Jul-17 00:19:53

Hi I am another silver cross wayfarer person and I adore my pram. My lo is only 3 months but I hope to be pregnant again in a few months. I am planning on selling my silver cross and buying the new silver cross wave it's similar to the wayfarer. Congrats on your pregnancy :-) I personally feel using a sling as a long term solution won't work as it will be difficult on your back long term and an 18month old on a buggy board might work for short distances but they get tired very easily still at that age

CheshireChat Thu 06-Jul-17 00:28:48

It'll be really, really tough if you only have a sling and have to pick up your 18 month old for any reason. Also, bear in mind you'd also have to lug around the changing gear x2 so it could get vv difficult very quickly.

MyheartbelongstoG Thu 06-Jul-17 00:31:18

Mine were 10 months apart.

P&T was great.

NoWittyNamesAvailable Thu 06-Jul-17 00:32:56

My 2 are 14 months apart. I bought an uppababy vista, i like that i can use it as a double or a single. My eldest is 2.10 and i still use it as a double when I'm out alone as he runs everywhere. I couldn't have managed without it.

FeelingStupid2015 Thu 06-Jul-17 00:33:31

I bought a mountain buggy duet, (now selling) which came with a carry cot so was perfect for the early days. It's got seats for when the carry cot is outgrown. Mine are now 1 and 3, so the eldest is now happy to be on a buggy board.

The mountain buggy is a side by side, but goes through a standard doorway
It was invaluable to us, particularly when they both wanted to nap

stella23 Thu 06-Jul-17 00:40:47

Keep the single otherwise you'll end up buying another single when the else is happy and able to walk long distances

ShoesHaveSouls Thu 06-Jul-17 00:51:17

Congrats OP. You'll need a double buggy I think. We had a side by side- and I couldn't have lived without it. There are times when an 18mth old just needs to be strapped in. There are problems with shop aisles/doorways/narrow pavements, though, so now I'd go for a Phil & Teds I think.

Buggy boards are great - we had one, but DS was 3 when we used it. But they can jump off at any time. I still have a dodgy toe where he jumped backwards with no warning - and landed on it. 2 lots of antibiotics, and a nailbed infection for that!

captaincake Thu 06-Jul-17 01:02:19

A buggypod might work?

AngharadTheSplendid Thu 06-Jul-17 01:13:05

Mine are 16 months apart and I'd say you definitely need a double. We have the mountain buggy duet and it's great. Side by side but as narrow as a single.

Christinedonna Thu 06-Jul-17 16:06:15

www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/baby-travel-accessories/joie-evalite-duo-tandem-stroller/p/156349?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxob2nff01AIVEGQZCh0qzgGMEAQYASABEgKXzvD_BwE What do you all think of this?

SpongySand Thu 06-Jul-17 16:09:39

Uppababy vista 100%

missm0use Thu 06-Jul-17 17:26:42

I thought about doing the same - newborn in a sling and then using a buggy board when the eldest is a bit older. My eldest will be 20 months when number 2 arrives.

However I recently looked after a friends child for a few days while she was having her second baby, and there was a similar age gap between friends child and my DD as there will be between my two. It was a pain in the arse at times - eldest kept wanting in and out the pram, then would try to run off, tantruming and lying in the floor and dawdling along doing toddler stuff while trying to get somewhere for a particular time! Imagine having to deal with that in the rain!!shockshockSo since have decided to get a double buggy as I know it would make me go nuts trying to cope with that everyday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now