Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to share your stories about GOSH?

(4 Posts)
FlowerSour Tue 04-Jul-17 16:35:18

With all the bashing of Great Ormond Street Hospital, I was wondering if I would be unreasonable to ask people to share their stories/experiences that they have found with GOSH, if they have been helped by them.

If anyone had a terminally ill child who has been helped by them, my heart also goes out to you. flowers

I haven't created this thread to discuss current patients in the news as I feel there is enough discussion and other threads to do that already. Instead, I simply wanted to show some support for GOSH and share the good work they do at a time when their reputation is suffering.

Personally, I know of a gorgeous, young girl who would not be here without GOSH. She just graduated school and is happy and illness free thanks to them. smile Her parents received some great support from GOSH.

I also know another little boy who although did not survive, received great care from GOSH for his terminal illness. His parents continue to fundraise two years after their child's death for the hospital.

http://www.gosh.org/special-1?gclid=CLf-k_X479QCFQQq0wodWEgOVQ

The web address above is also a link GOSH's website where you can make donations if anyone is interested.

Again, the aim of this thread is hopefully respectful. I just wanted to show GOSH some support at what is a hard time for them.

Have also name changed just as the topic is quite emotive and current news and didn't want to be identifiable.

Lonelymummyof1 Tue 04-Jul-17 16:47:27

We are under great ormand street, chelsea , st marys and kings.

My Daughter spent 20 monthd straight in hospital in that time, battled organs in chest cavity, little lung growth, congental heart disease resulting on open heart surgery.
Intestinal failire requiring surgeries and constant ivs even til now is reliant on iv nutrition.
4 bouts of severe sepsis.
We have been on
Peads wards, cardiac wards, nicu , picu , cicu and gastro wards.
Without any of the hospitals my DD would not be here today.
Over 15 blood transfusioms, 14 trips to theatre, 4 bouts of life support they have never been any short of amazing.

FlowerSour Tue 04-Jul-17 18:07:30

lonelymummyof1

I recognise your username from other threads and I must say you sound like a wonderful mother. smile

My heart goes out to you- your daughter sounds like a fighter. And has been through so much in such a short space of time.

Stopnamechanging Tue 04-Jul-17 18:10:48

We lost our dear little friend Helen there in 1992, I can't praise the staff highly enough, I ended up going in to nursing because of them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: