Talk

Advanced search

End of year teacher gifts

(9 Posts)
pinkiepie1 Sun 02-Jul-17 22:16:39

My daughter is finishing nursery in 2 weeks time and just needed some ideas on what i could get her male teacher in his early 20's.

He's been very good to me and my dd, and i know he parties alot, as he's friends with my dsis best friend.
So would it be unreasonable to get him a bottle of vodka, cos he mentioned he doesn't eat chocolate, and as thankful as he is you can only have so many 'best teacher' mugs.
Which would have been my first two ideas to go to.
So any ideas which would be different?

I heard one parent say they put money in a card, but that just doesn't feel right to me.
So any ideas/suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

Composteleana Sun 02-Jul-17 22:23:42

Nursery teacher here - I'd be surprised at a bottle of vodka. It feels a bit ott though I'm not sure why! A few beers/bottle of wine is more usual, im not really sure why that feels ok but vodka does not (I've been known to drink vodka but just wouldn't expect to receive it in that setting).

How about a voucher - Amazon, iTunes, department store, Waterstones, costa coffee?

Teachers will always appreciate decent stationary too.

BenLui Sun 02-Jul-17 22:25:29

I wouldn't send in vodka to be honest.

I'd look for a non chocolate treat, cinema vouchers or an Amazon voucher.

scootinFun Sun 02-Jul-17 22:28:33

I gift my children's teachers a bottle of wine.

pinkiepie1 Sun 02-Jul-17 22:30:21

The vodka was what my cousin suggested when i was just mentioning it in general conversation. I didn't actually know what i thought of it so thought id ask the lovely people on mums net for some ideas. ☺

Don't even know if he actually likes the stuff.
A voucher never even crossed my mind if I'm honest.
Will have a little look about
Thanks

missiondecision Sun 02-Jul-17 22:30:54

Vodka is not suitable in these circumstances.
What cafes are local... a voucher...enjoy lunch in me, from generous child's parents.

missiondecision Sun 02-Jul-17 22:31:34

On me... not in me..... opps. blush

toastandbutterandjam Sun 02-Jul-17 22:33:38

The male nursery teachers I know often receive (and love) vouchers! grin

woodwaj Sun 02-Jul-17 22:35:17

If you want to give drink have you heard of vom fass? My first thoughts..teacher lots of planning.. smart notepad & pen. Or a personalised usb stick as its prob all online now anyway!? Or a gift voucher for a supermarket to get his own drink?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now