Talk

Advanced search

To think that the worst thing about adulthood

(12 Posts)
Vereesa Sun 02-Jul-17 19:44:43

is no longer being able to pick up the phone at all hours to get a couple of your mates over to form a team for ice hockey/basketball/polo whenever boredom strikes?

Had 3 glasses of whisky and I'm suddenly craving sports for some reason BUT THERE'S NO ONE AVAILABLE!!! sad

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sun 02-Jul-17 19:46:11

Can you borrow a dog from someone and play frisbee?

19lottie82 Sun 02-Jul-17 20:01:18

Polo?

Andrewofgg Sun 02-Jul-17 20:08:51

Mornington Crescent?

Trixiebelle16 Sun 02-Jul-17 23:18:55

Yeah I often sit in my own house, eating pizza just because I can, watching shit tv guilt-free and think "dammit I just wish I could be playing ice hockey!" grin Adulthood is a bugger sometimes.

Herbpatch Sun 02-Jul-17 23:30:11

You call your friends over for polo? Like, they gallop up on their ponies and have a quick chukka on the lawn?

redphonebox Sun 02-Jul-17 23:34:27

It has never occurred to me that this could be an issue for anyone at any age.

Do you think it would seem less bad if you hadn't had the three glasses of wine...?

BackforGood Sun 02-Jul-17 23:37:18

This

It has never occurred to me that this could be an issue for anyone at any age

There are quite a few things about being an adult that aren't great, but not being able to call mates over to have an impromptu game of sports I've never played isn't one of them grin

robinia Sun 02-Jul-17 23:40:56

I do feel your pain but for a different activity (sporting I hasten to add!). But I don't think it's an adult thing, more a got kids thing.

thecolonelbumminganugget Sun 02-Jul-17 23:43:05

I think it's rates of interest. As I child I was blissfully unaware of how much the bank might charge me if I went into overdraft or whether my ISA is getting the best rate or what to do when the fixed term of my mortgage ended. There's loads of telly I havn't watched yet, places i haven't visited, chocolate bars i haven't eaten, yet some of my brain and time is taken up with this boring shit.

coldcanary Sun 02-Jul-17 23:45:55

You need a sport that combines friends, sport and drink. Join a darts team?

RaspberryBeretHoopla Sun 02-Jul-17 23:47:22

Oh I do so miss impromptu polo matches.

Said no one ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now