Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Always feel like the scapegoat

(8 Posts)
Chocolatteandbiscuits Sat 01-Jul-17 12:49:29

So this goes back to last weekend. I'll try keep this as brief as possible.

My LB was at his dad's last weekend. My parents had told me not to make any plans so they could come over help me do a few things with my new home. I agreed. I'd asked what time they would be over no specific answer. They have done this on numerous occasions and never given a time. If they have come round and in not here they always bring a key as they have a spare to mine.
Anyway the pharmacy called and said my sons medicine and milk were ready. My LB dad called and said he had run out of milk and needed the medicine. They were heading out at 11am so I quickly ran it over to them. Took 30 mins max. As I'm on my way my dad drives past so I call and say I'll be half hour max. I get back he's not there so I text and he says he's not coming back to do anything. He lives 10 mins from mine. So I sat in all weekend on my own with no plans feeling even more lonely than normal. I got all the blame, not even partly their fault. I said ok I should have said I was going out for half hour but you should of said what time you were coming over. Nope still all my fault.
Just been to my parents to drop something off. My mum goes off on me big time saying I should give my dad an apology. Again I said I think it's half and half and I've said my sorry. She told me to leave. I'm so upset. I was in a good mood before this and now I feel so so low. I don't have many friends or a partner. They know how lonely I am but still continue to make me feel this way. They won't let it go. AIBU??

Ellapaella Sat 01-Jul-17 12:52:46

I think your Dad was being spiteful actually. You don't need to grovel an apology for popping out for half an hour. What a shame for you - do you have friends you could see when you're on your own at weekends?

Dottie39 Sat 01-Jul-17 12:56:32

So you saw your dad arrive, and just drove past him? I think I would have followed him back to my house and let him in so he could at least get on with things, have a drink, access to toilet. None of it seems worth falling out though and they have overreacted in having a go at you.

RiversrunWoodville Sat 01-Jul-17 12:56:53

Yanbu and cake your lo needed his meds and they hadn't told you when they were coming. Yes it was nice they were going to help but this is as though they expect offers of help to mean you are beholden to them? It's not fair to make you feel guilty and I know all about that my mum is an expert. I hope you are able to meet some new people near your new home op (easier said than done I know if you are an introvert) and create a new support network for yourself gradually

maras2 Sat 01-Jul-17 13:03:30

dottie
Dad had a key.
YANBU. flowers

Dottie39 Sat 01-Jul-17 13:07:27

Oh well then I take it back, if he had a key you were completely not unreasonable and your parents were rude and nasty.

maras2 Sat 01-Jul-17 13:10:54

Sorry dottie
On a duplicate thread OP says that DD had forgotten the key blush

Chocolatteandbiscuits Sat 01-Jul-17 18:11:10

Sorry I've accidently duplicated the post. I'll try get one removed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now