Talk

Advanced search

To stay at home this evening and wallow in self pity?

(11 Posts)
Unacceptable Fri 30-Jun-17 18:20:19

So fed up.
Lost my job, have to prepare a handover knowing that my work wasn't good enough.

Applied for two positions that seemed ideal. Had informal chat for one, was very optimistic. Company appeared impressed and recommended I get application in.
Not even got interview for either position.

Had a funeral today. An emotional visit with family going through some crappy drama and am now supposed to be getting ready to meet my colleagues for a night out.

All I want to do is slump in front of TV and feel sorry for myself.
What say you all mumsnetters?
Am I being pathetic and should pull myself together or have I the right to mope under a blanket for the evening?

WineGummyBear Fri 30-Jun-17 18:24:01

Rubbish for you OP.

Have a mope tonight.

You will bounce back. Tomorrow is another day.

Sorry for your loss.

blahdblah Fri 30-Jun-17 18:24:34

Only if you get yourself something excessively lovely for tea and a box of posh chocolates to chase away the dementors smile

ChildishGambino Fri 30-Jun-17 18:24:56

Nope, eat some lovely food, look after yourself. Do whatever you would do for a friend. flowers

dudsville Fri 30-Jun-17 18:26:05

That's awful. Look after yourself. No point going out in the context of all of that. Hope things start looking up for you soon op.

Blodplod Fri 30-Jun-17 18:32:39

I would also slump in front of the TV with good food, wine and a crappy romantic film on Netflix, figuring I would be shite company to others if I went out anyhow.. but! Tomorrow.. it's a new day, sometimes life throws curveballs at us like this for a reason. I bet you look back in 6mths time and realise there was a reason for this to happen.. a good reason too! X

Hoddykins Fri 30-Jun-17 18:34:50

Bad days always call for a Pity Party flowers

And cake, and chocolate, and takeaway for tea!

ChocolateFrogs Fri 30-Jun-17 20:45:03

This, x10000:

Only if you get yourself something excessively lovely for tea and a box of posh chocolates to chase away the dementors

Look after yourself OP flowerscakebrewwine

Keepthebloodynoisedown Fri 30-Jun-17 20:52:14

What would you tell a friend in your position? There's no shame in an evening wallowing, sometimes it's exactly what you need. Hope things start looking up soon cake flowers wine

Unacceptable Sat 01-Jul-17 10:50:25

Thanks all. Couldn't reply last night as had left phone charger at work.
I did spend the night moping around and was in bed by 9!
Am hoping to feel a bit more positive soon

ChocolateFrogs Mon 03-Jul-17 00:36:52

Hi OP, just wanted to ask how today's been? Hope you're feeling better flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now