Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A mouse just ran into my bedroom :( :(

(5 Posts)
Notcool1984 Thu 29-Jun-17 23:27:59

I am completely freaking out and can't sleep... didn't even know I had such a phobia of mice. Was sitting watching TV on my laptop in bed and one (pretty big but I am 99% sure not a rat) came scurrying in, I freaked and it ran back out again. This is horrible, by myself in flat with two kids, where did it come from!!!

I am seriously considering taking the kids to my parents tomorrow and calling someone out but that seems extreme, can anybody help me get some perspective please!? I used to have a cat but lost it when me and my husband broke up last year, in ground floor terraced flat in a city, there are gaps in floorboards in bathroom, can they come from there?

Any advice for calming me down or how to get rid of them please help sad thank you!

Polkadot1974 Thu 29-Jun-17 23:30:11

I would be like this too and was in a holiday home in the country which has a very blasé mouse which sat on the rug, unperturbed as I screeched. They're more frightened than we are. Go to bed and don't stress and get a humane trap tomorrow

Aquamarine1029 Thu 29-Jun-17 23:42:09

That little mouse won't hurt you. Get some catch and release traps tomorrow and you'll be all set.

Elphame Thu 29-Jun-17 23:42:14

This is probably not the time to tell you I was once woken in the middle of the night by being bitten by a mouse?

No - thought not.

Seriously you'll be fine. Just get a trap in the morning! I find peanut butter works well as a bait and expect to catch more than one.

Notcool1984 Fri 30-Jun-17 09:45:51

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now