Talk

Advanced search

Left with tickets...

(13 Posts)
SukiTheDog Thu 29-Jun-17 16:46:29

Tickets have been bought for a music event in the nearest city to us. Expensive. Now, one of the party refuses to go as they're concerned about the recent terror attacks in the UK. This was a "treat" and im realky pissed off.

It was difficult for us to get childcare and is quite a drive for us. Aibu? I feel really cross. WE can still go but the afternoon out, theatre and dinner arranged was NOT for US. It was for HER (party not attending). I know we can probably sell the ticket at the venue but, it's someone I saw in the US amd k ow she's a big fan so, not for me, for her! angry

StealthPolarBear Thu 29-Jun-17 16:47:18

Did you pay for her ticket?

ThomasRichard Thu 29-Jun-17 16:47:36

Just go anyway. Her loss.

19lottie82 Thu 29-Jun-17 16:49:47

I don't think you can really be cross. Her fears may seem far fetched to you but to her they are real.
However I would feel cross if she didn't offer to reimburse you for the ticket ect.

How many others are going?

SukiTheDog Thu 29-Jun-17 16:50:52

Just us three. As I say, not something I'd have gone to.

GreenTulips Thu 29-Jun-17 16:52:52

Ask her to pay for her ticket and for her to sell it -

You could sell yours as well if you aren't that fussed

19lottie82 Thu 29-Jun-17 16:53:03

why not sell all 4 tickets and use the money to do something you would prefer?

SukiTheDog Thu 29-Jun-17 16:55:46

Good point.

228agreenend Thu 29-Jun-17 17:22:01

She should still pay for her share of any expenditure. Eg ticket price, hotel etc. Only refund her if you can sell the ticket.

SukiTheDog Thu 29-Jun-17 20:00:12

Yes, will refund her if we can sell the ticket.

I guess, deep down I'm cross that she can be so cowed by the threat. I'm sad that what was to be a soecial event is now ended because of a "perceived" threat.

SukiTheDog Thu 29-Jun-17 20:00:47

Social event. Obvs!

Trills Thu 29-Jun-17 20:03:22

I would be annoyed too if I was looking forward to a social event that was now cancelled (without any attempts at rearranging) because of fear of terrorist activity.

Trills Thu 29-Jun-17 20:05:57

Even if you get your money back, you can't get back the time and energy you spent arranging tickets and babysitters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now