Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your help with quick weightloss?

(14 Posts)
RoseLight Wed 28-Jun-17 13:53:19

We are waiting to start IVF and we have just been given the go ahead for NHS funding. I just have to lose weight to bring my bmi down and we can start.

I had already anticipated this, having read through our trust's guidance on IVF treatment and I have lost 2 stone so far through calorie counting. I have about 11lbs to go.
The problem is that weightloss the last few weeks is so slow! 1lbs a week when before it was 2-3lbs a week. We are anxious to start IVF and there is still a wait for the teaching sessions etc before the treatment can actually commence.

I would really welcome any advice on how to shed this last 11lb quickly, I know it is not a long term solution but I plan to carry on with the calorie counting after anyway to reduce my weight beyond this 11lbs into a healthier range.

ASDismynormality Wed 28-Jun-17 13:55:53

Try low carb high fat, it seems counterintuitive after calorie counting and low fat diets but really works!

dustmotesinthesun Wed 28-Jun-17 13:57:21

Low carb high fat or do a Whole 30. Both are really good for your health so will put your body in as good a state as possible to get pregnant and both will make you drop weight. Good luck!

tiggerbounce77 Wed 28-Jun-17 13:57:51

Have you looked at slimming world? It may help achieve your goal

HipsterHunter Wed 28-Jun-17 13:58:11

For a one week "fuck this dress is a bit tight" I swear by coffee and carrots. Not sure that is a good idea for 11lb tho!

Paspaleyplaza Wed 28-Jun-17 13:58:20

Cut carbs, increase fat, drink lots of water

Paspaleyplaza Wed 28-Jun-17 13:59:03

Healthy fat that is! Coconut oil, ghee, olive oil

AfunaMbatata Wed 28-Jun-17 14:00:31

I'd do a vlcd like slim and save for a month just to get it off ", then continue with healthy eating for maintenance.

Caulkheadupnorf Wed 28-Jun-17 14:00:47

Move more. Any quick fix diets will mean you gain the weight again when you start eating normally again

MyheartbelongstoG Wed 28-Jun-17 14:01:24

Lipotrim! I lost over five stone in three months. Amazing stuff

Birdsgottaf1y Wed 28-Jun-17 14:01:27

Channel 4 had a program on called "how to lose weight well", they showed long and short term eating plans.

You could watch a few and see what you think.

thecolonelbumminganugget Wed 28-Jun-17 14:12:31

I like the military diet when I feel I've stalled and need a kick start (3 stone lost over the last 18 months by calorie counting mostly and upping my exercise) have done it twice for a week. I wouldn't do it for longer than a week but it is a good booster for once in a while. I saw that on how to lose weight well.

LovePeaceAndHarmony Wed 28-Jun-17 14:15:28

First thing first... Congratulations!!!

Try the strawberry only diet, consists of only strawberries and water.

I tried it out last year just to see if it works, I lost 9lbs in a week.

Groupie123 Wed 28-Jun-17 14:20:11

Cut your calories further to 1000 per day and walk 10k steps per day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now