Advanced search

Neighbour now in direct neighbour

(7 Posts)
thegoodnameshadgone Tue 27-Jun-17 23:06:02

I've posted about this before in short.
So as not to drip feed here is what's happened to date.

We live in a square. Primary and junior school in the middle.

We've had a neighbour opposite who has caused a row with all and I mean all of the neighbours living either next door, opposite or in direct view.

Many things, anti social music, littering, dog mess up and down the street. Verbal abuse. I could go on.
They then moved. Came back round the corner 12 months ago. They continue to dog mess in our square, outside the school, threaten new neighbours and generally be anti social as in littering, throwing litter directly into their new ndn garden.

They are verbally abusive to everyone.

Private rent.

Police always arrest but noting ever comes of this.

What can we do.

Their new ndn are now moving. It's so unfair. They are leaving their network of family and friends as it seems nothing can be done to cease this family's behaviour.

lovetowasteitagain Tue 27-Jun-17 23:35:04

There's not a lot that can be done, sadly. Have the antisocial behaviour team from you local council been involved? They have been far more helpful than the police, they have more power in a way.

thegoodnameshadgone Tue 27-Jun-17 23:42:54

Not that I am aware of as they are now a private tenant.
I just feel sooo sorry for the new neighbours of this person who are now moving.
Who we know and talk too. The harassment of these people moving has just been ongoing and awful.
What rages me more than anything is that they take their dog out and have it mess all along the sides of the school.
I've tried to film it but they never do it when I am in which is sporadically. Can accept people don't always pick up on a park when not observed but outside a primary school. It just totally goes against everything.

GabsAlot Wed 28-Jun-17 00:01:23

dosnt matter if its private its still asb

phone thm

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Wed 28-Jun-17 00:07:39

It doesn't need to be a council tenant for you to report a problem to the council for anti social behaviour. Our problem neighbour in our previous place owned via house and the council became involved.
Here our problem neighbour (aren't we lucky) rents privately and again the council are involved, this time due to noise and mess.

valeriej43 Wed 28-Jun-17 00:30:39

Ring the council, my son had nuisance tenants and the council got onto him about them, your council should do the same,
If the tenats dont take notice the landlord is in trouble

lovetowasteitagain Wed 28-Jun-17 09:28:17

Echoing what the others have said, the antisocial behaviour team deal with anyone who is being awful it's certainly not limited to council tenants. One of our neighbours is poisonous, he owns privately but we've had involvement from both ASB and police who can work together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: