Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

*user* please

(47 Posts)
waitforitfdear Tue 27-Jun-17 18:51:50

Ok there's a thread by 3 different posters with user plus many numbers.

one is for fat shaming obese people. one is telling us all she's slimmer than her bride mate and going to dam well show her and everyone at her friends wedding how gorgeous she is and the other one found her dh in bed literally shagging her best mate.

Coukd you all change your names to something different as it's a tad confusing and disturbing. smile

MrsOverTheRoad Wed 28-Jun-17 08:00:21

Who are you to ask that of people? confused

I used to be a "user" because I couldn't remember my password. It's none of your business.

If you choose to share personal things on here...or chip in on other people's posts...on what is a very public site...then whether the other posters are User or SandyFromNextDoor makes no difference.

FinallyHere Wed 28-Jun-17 08:27:23

'It's a tad ... disturbing'

This is baffling to me. I get that it is tedious and makes the thread more difficult to follow but disturbing

Really?

waitforitfdear Wed 28-Jun-17 08:31:22

Yes disturbing because I don't want to mix them up as that's unfair. I am easily disturbed. wink

I am only requesting MrsOver as other posters in the past have questioned the posts. There was a whole thread about the confusion.

Still it's clearly up to people what user name they choose just pointing out if loads of people do this it's very confusing.

SheSaidHeSaid Wed 28-Jun-17 08:32:55

Definitely not disturbing.

I just take note of the last 3 or 4 numbers and get on with it.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Wed 28-Jun-17 08:34:58

Just take each thread on its own merits!

pandarific Wed 28-Jun-17 08:39:42

I wish there could be a rule about it. It drives me mad, I recognise posters by username!

MrsOverTheRoad Wed 28-Jun-17 08:41:32

Panda maybe some people don't want to be recognised though?

Having the option of a dull name is fair enough. Not everyone uses MN in the same way.

Take note of the last few numbers if you want to refer to someone. It's not hard.

MiddleClassProblem Wed 28-Jun-17 08:43:46

Well I know some regular posters who like to have a user type name for nc so you don't remember it.

I'm too lazy too lazy to nc but I can see their point.

Littlefrogletx Wed 28-Jun-17 08:47:07

Isnt it a site problem, as in new users cant change from the allocated userxxxxxxx name given when they sign up?
So yeah yabu

waitforitfdear Wed 28-Jun-17 08:48:46

That's it pandarific me too.

mrsOver I can't remember 3 lots of different numbers. Far too thick.

BigYellowJumper Wed 28-Jun-17 08:49:04

littlefrog

I only joined a few weeks ago and I had no problem changing my name.

It makes threads really hard to follow.

PengiQuin Wed 28-Jun-17 08:49:23

I hate these constant threads saying this so much more than I hate the issue. Can the user number complainer threads have their own topic so I can hide it?

Ev1lEdna Wed 28-Jun-17 08:50:44

Just take each thread on its own merits!

Judging from at least 2 of the topics of the threads (according to the OP) the threads have very little merit. At least I know what to avoid.

MrsOverTheRoad Wed 28-Jun-17 08:56:01

Wait You don't have to remember 3 lots of numbers!

When you're replying to someone, you just say User123

Surely you can remember 3 consecutive numbers? You can write so I wouldn't see why not.

waitforitfdear Wed 28-Jun-17 08:56:57

littkefrog been here 10 years and you can name change in 20 seconds, literally.

pengi er just don't post on the thread then. hmm

MrsOverTheRoad Wed 28-Jun-17 08:57:35

The difficulty occurs when new users miss the prompt to change their password as they're alocated a silly one upon joining...a series of numbers and letters I think.

Then they realise they can't sign in and out so some get stuck.

Others...meh...they're happy to be a "user"

Onhold Wed 28-Jun-17 08:58:01

I just ignore the user people. They all blur into one.

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Wed 28-Jun-17 08:59:04

I can see why you find it irritating (I do too, to a certain extent) but disturbing?

Automatically assuming that a thread started by a user##### isn't genuine is equally unhelpful.

waitforitfdear Wed 28-Jun-17 08:59:34

mrs I suppose I will have to but it's added pressure while reading and posting wink

Onhold Wed 28-Jun-17 09:00:26

Well tbf a lot of them are not genuine

waitforitfdear Wed 28-Jun-17 09:03:17

No wasn't assuming the threads arnt genuine! Of course not.

As I said I am easily disturbed. I don't want to mix up the now slim wedding guest who doesn't want to upstage the bride with the poor woman who found her dh in bed with her bf.

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Wed 28-Jun-17 09:04:19

Is the fat shaming one the one about the husband claiming he was discriminated against because he is overweight?

HappyFlappy Wed 28-Jun-17 09:10:24

Drives me crackers, too Dear.

And as you say, when there is more than one userloadsanumbers it's confusing - I also feel that they are hiding behind the anonymity provided by an indistinctive appellation (try saying that when you're drunk!) and it miffs me a bit.

hellomoon Wed 28-Jun-17 09:10:44

Coukd you all change your names to something different as it's a tad confusing and disturbing

Disturbing? How so?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now