Talk

Advanced search

To now be seriously considering this....

(46 Posts)
tonightonight Tue 27-Jun-17 08:22:35

So, the fridge is broken and the repair man is coming today between 9-6pm 🙄.
I don't have a shop very close by, the nearest one if about a 20-30 minute walk away and it's raining.
DH took the car to work this morning at 7 so before the shops were open.
DS is teething and woke up twice last night which is simply unheard of, meaning I'm extra super tired today.
All I want is a cup of tea but the milk looks like cottage cheese.
DH suggested just putting a bit of breastmilk in if it's no big deal (I always tell him that it's no big deal to try it as he still hasn't).

Now I've been up for a few hours and really need some caffeine.... shall I?

putdownyourphone Tue 27-Jun-17 08:23:56

Yes, great to have some extra nutrients in your tea!!

Mamadothehump Tue 27-Jun-17 08:23:56

Why not?? Worst that can happen is you don't like it and tip it down the sink!!!

Mamabear14 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:24:15

Try it. If it's grim have black coffee. Wasn't there a cafe making breast milk ice cream a while ago?! So it can't taste awful!

ShakeShakeTheMuffin Tue 27-Jun-17 08:25:04

Why on earth not? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. 😉

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Tue 27-Jun-17 08:26:12

Yep give it a try.

ShakeShakeTheMuffin Tue 27-Jun-17 08:27:36

That smily was meant to be a normal happy face. Looks a bit odd! Breast milk tastes fine, quite high in fat and a bit sweet I think. (Been a while since I tasted it as my youngest is 5).

Noisybastardsshutup Tue 27-Jun-17 08:32:12

I would do it.

Tigresswoods Tue 27-Jun-17 08:32:55

Black tea isn't so bad...

Peckwater Tue 27-Jun-17 08:34:32

It's weirdly sweet and not really an equivalent to cows' milk in a cup of tea, but it won't kill you!

allegretto Tue 27-Jun-17 08:37:00

20 minutes away in the rain isn't so far! Better than the alternatives.

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Tue 27-Jun-17 08:37:26

It's free food and you made it! Go for it!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 27-Jun-17 08:40:04

Will you be offering the repair man a tea or coffee? grin

tonightonight Tue 27-Jun-17 08:44:41

@BreakfastAtSquiffanys hahaha should I? Just not tell him? grin

I've tried it before but never in tea. Like I've had a go on the bottle to make sure it was coming through.

tonightonight Tue 27-Jun-17 08:45:20

@allegretto yes but if I go, it's. 45 min round trip (including the 5 mins in the shop) so I may miss the repair man sad

Rumtopf Tue 27-Jun-17 08:49:36

Have you a friend that could drop you some round?

Elephant17 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:50:02

When I last tasted mine it tasted like warmed skimmed milk with artificial sweetener in it. I found it bizzare that the sweetness didn't taste natural. It was foremilk though, hindmilk probably tastes better. I don't like sweet tea or coffee though so it would have never worked for me!

TwatteryFlowers Tue 27-Jun-17 08:51:55

Bypass the tea and skip to the wine or gin that way you'll have no need for the milk grin

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 27-Jun-17 08:54:23

Do it.

I have never understood why some humans will happily drink milk from another mammal but are squeamish about drinking human milk.

RB68 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:55:55

Do you not have a neighbour you can pop and see?? For reference the old fashioned way of keeping milk no fridge and without a cool larder is in a bucket of water or in a stream.

I have a milkman these days (only tue and sat though) so don't do this anymore but used to keep a carton or two of longlife milk for such days

RB68 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:56:54

The other alternative is hot chocolate with a spoon of coffee in....

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 27-Jun-17 08:59:28

Can you phone the repair helpline and ask them to put a note on the call out details asking the engineer to bring some milk?

LemonyFresh Tue 27-Jun-17 09:00:48

Would it be shocking to ask the neighbour for a cup of milk and bung them a quid

tonightonight Tue 27-Jun-17 09:04:30

@LemonyFresh if you've seen my other post, my neighbours take serious issue with me for reading to my baby in my own flat... long story lol.
I'd be worried what they've put in the milk!

moggle Tue 27-Jun-17 09:05:15

Definitely fine! But I would just go to a neighbour first I think... Just take your mug and ask for a dash straight in there. Too much danger with nipples near hot beverages as you must be sleep deprived with the teething baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now